FORTY NINE

||49|| THE FINAL BATTLE PT. 2

_____

_____

VOLDEMORT'S TROOPS WERE FORCED TO RETREAT BACK FROM THE SCHOOL, BODIES LITTERED THE COURTYARDS AND ISNIDE THE SCHOOL. Aurora laid on the ground, weeping quietly as she sat in front of Genevieve.

The storm had vanished.

Draco aided a couple of students into the school, his heart racing as he searched for Auorra. His sweet, little Auorra. "I last saw her battling her mother." Luna said quietly as she held onto a Hufflepuff girl.

Draco didn't waste another second as he ran out and saw her there. He slowly walked over to them, his hands sweaty as he crouched down to her level.

"I killed her," Aurora whispered, her hands shaking. "I killed her with my bear hands-no magic-just me. And...and I didn't feel anything." She said in disbelief
As she looked up at him.

"What have I become?"

Draco didn't know what to answer as he wrapped her arms around her and she cried quietly into his chest. "You did what you had to." He whispered, looking around and seeing fires begin to be put out by students.

"Come here." He whispered as he lifted her up and the two walked into the castle. Auorra leaned on him, limping slightly before a couple of teachers rushed towards her or patch her up.

"Who is that-" Aurora saw people crying and her eyes widened, "Why is Ron-"

Draco shook his head, "No-Aurora-fucking hell!" He ran after her before she stopped right in front of George who sobbed uncontrollably with his mother.

There laid Fred.

"Freddie-" Aurora choked out, reaching out for him as she reached for George who engulfed her in a hug. The two fell onto the ground holding each other as she sobbed his name.

It physically hurt to see her like this, Draco couldn't help but cry a bit. He pretended he hated the Wesaley's when in reality he was jealous of what they had. He admired the twins and thought they were funny pranksters who made the schools years better.

He felt...sad.

"Oh god," Aurora cried as she looked over and saw Remus and Tonks, "She just had her baby-"

Molly looked over at Draco who stared at the corpses as they touched hands. Till death do us part, he thought as he grabbed a blanket and placed it over their cold bodies. The gesture seemed to have ignited something within the older woman before she hugged him.

Draco was taken back by surprise and it took him a moment to react before he melted into her warm motherly hug. While this was happening Harry slipped out, leaving them all.