TWENTY FOUR

||24|| HELL IS SUBJECTIVE WHEN YOU'RE SITTING AT THE RIGHT DINNER TABLE

___

THE HOLIDAY'S WERE COMING UP AND DRACO WASN'T PREPARED FOR IT. In fact, he was begining to hate them. The last one was the worse he'd ever experience and he had a feeling this one was going to be worse.

He hadn't seen much of Aurora, just saw her sneaking around with her new friends and he couldn't help but feel the anger and jealousy build within him. His father's loyalty to Voldemort was begining to prove itself as a problem.

The ideals were our dated sure, but he wasn't going to leave his mother behind. The very woman who cowered at the mention of his fathers name and neglected him ever since he told her he loved Aurora.

How could he?

She was all he had left. He forced Aurora away and he wasn't going to loose Narcissa. There had to be a way he could do it, one where he could obtain both but a solution wasn't presenting in his mind. Just another inquiry that gave him a head ache.

Through the grapevine, he heard Aurora was staying at the school for the holidays. How peculiar of her to shrink away from her friends when they most needed her. It made him feel a little better knowing she thought of him enough to leave them.

The last day for students to leave campus was when he decided to match up to her room. Sure enough, he found her sitting on the ground with a couple of ornaments they had stolen some time ago. She looked up at him, the rings around her eyes red as she looked away.

Draco didn't say anything, he just set his blazer aside and sat on the carpet in front of her. His hands making his way to grab a string to put through the hole of the ornament.

Aurora stood up, her small feet covered in some Christmas themed socks and her favorite set of pijamas on as she looked down at him. She didn't understand, in fact she wanted him gone.

But she couldn't.

She was lonely, and so was he so she walked over to the record player and set a record on. The soft Christmas music playing in the back ground before she returned to her spot and continued to fix the ornaments.

She could have easily used magic to make things faster, but she wanted to feel the pain and loneliness deep through her.

For the next hour or so, Draco and Aurora didn't speak as they decorated her room quietly. Both of them to scared to say anything before it was finished. Around six in the evening, Draco grabbed his blazer and bag, making his way to the door and stopping in front of it.