FORTY THREE

||43|| THE RIDDLE

_____

AURORA HELD A GLASS OF FIRE-WHISKEY CLOSE TO HER CHEST, HER EYES SCANNING THE TENT FILLED WITH PEOPLE CELEBRATING LOVE.

"Don't look like such a grinch." George said, "Why don't you go dance with Victor Krum?"

"Oh fuck off." Aurora muttered, blushing slightly as the boy looked over at her.

"Alright then dance with me." He said as he down her glass and grabbed her hand, "How are you feeling?" He asked.

Aurora shrugged slightly, "Tired." She whispered, "Oh I should tell you that my book of strategies-the one Kingsley asked for-along with the candle is in my bag upstairs." She said.

George twirled her, "Enough of that Lexington. Enjoy the little moments Marie." He said as she gave him a sad smile before she gave in.

"How are you feeling, you're the one who took a blow." She said as he shrugged slightly, "I can still hear Harry's brooding nature from across the room therefore I'm fine-all thanks to you."

He twirled her again and watched as a smile formed on her face, a genuine smile. "You look lovely, now I'm passing you onto Freddie here." He said as Aurora was pushed into Fred's arms.

"My my! You look beautiful." He said as they swayed to the music.

Aurora smiled up at him, "You clean up nice Fred." She said before they continued to dance. Fred moved to fast, purposely trying to make her dizzy as she clutched onto him.

"Fred!" She laughed before a large ball of a blue light shot into the middle of the tent. They immediately stopped laughing as he grabbed his wand and muttered a charm to steady her vision.

"The ministry has fallen..." a voice said.

Aurora looked around, trying to map everyone she cares about when the message said, "Cornellious Fudge is dead, the Minister of Magic is dead."

Aurora felt the hairs in her neck rise as everyone stayed silent and still, "Get down!" Aurora yelled, running to the middle and providing a shield as everyone ducked underneath her. The blast was hard, harder then she intended it to be as she held it up with all her strength.

"Where's Aurora and Harry?! Get them out of here!"

Aurora worked to fight off death eaters, protecting a couple of the party goers before grabbing Luna's arm and shoving her under the table. "My dad!" She cried out.