FORTY EIGHT

||48|| THE FINAL BATTLE PT. 1

___

___

AURORA AND DRACO RUSHED OUTSIDE WITH THE TEACHERS. "Your wand is the strongest Aurora, assist them with the barrier." McGonagall said.

"Mr. Malfoy, I require your assistance." She then said as he looked over at Aurora.

"I'll be a few feet away, go." Aurora said, rushing to plant a kiss on his cheek before running down the stairs.

"Alright Slughorn how do you want to do this?" Aurora asked, her cocky and witty attitude towards superiors returning. He looked up at her, "You start it, we'll follow." He said while stepping away.

Aurora took a deep breath and twirled the wand in her hand, spell ready to be said at the tip of her tongue before she thrusted her hand towards saying, "Protego Maxima, Fianto Duri, Repello Inimicum!"

A blinding string of gold light left her wand as she felt the magic surge from her body to the tip of the wand. McGonagall and Draco stopped what they were doing for a second as Aurora led them.

"She's a born leader." McGonagall said, "A powerful one."

Draco nodded in complete awe, "That she is, Professor." He mumbled in a slight daze as dozens of fifteen foot concrete knights rushed to the enternece to protect the school.

She turned to face him, "And what about you? Have you decided who you will be in this moment, in the moment that requires you most?" She asked, not missing the chance to lecture the boy she grew to like over the years.

Even through his deviousness and mischief, she knew he was a good kid at heart. A good kid who loved a girl dearly, and would be lost without her.

Draco thought about it, staring at Aurora as he did so and watched as the flow of her magic pushed her hair back making her look like a goddess, one seen in painting and sculptures. A stunning and enchanting goddess that led troops through a battle and managed to take them to the light.

"I'll be truthful with you Professor," he started, "I was raised to think one thing, to follow one being. I didn't believe you'd win-as a matter of fact I'm hesitant now we lack numbers and skill. But I'll be damned if I see Aurora get hurt by my family or Voldemort again. "

McGonagall nodded understably, "That is all one can do, Mr. Malfoy. Protect the people we love."

Her friends from inside looked out of the window, watching as Aurora finally embraced her true power. It was then Harry realized how wrong he was for questioning her loyalties.

The twins looked down from the tower above as the dome formed around them. "She's grown quite a lot since we last saw her." George said as Fred nodded staying silent.