FOUR

|4| THE DRAGON'S EGG

___

AURORA HAD BEEN TRAINING TIRELESSLY WIRH SNAPE RIGHT BEFORE HER FIRST CLASS ON WEDNESDAYS. He loved to push her limits and occasionally injured her enough to make her cry but she always pushed through.

If anything, the experience was maturing. Aurora no longer held that youthful glow because of how Snape had been training her.

"Do you think-" he slashed his wand at her as she stumbled back. "That the dark Lord will care if you're just a child?! You're nothing next to him-and neither was your brother!"

Aurora let out a throaty scream in anger and blew him towards the wall while the windows shattered and everything moved. Her eyes watered as her chest rose deeply, "You crossed a line." She croaked.

Snape only stood up and dusted himself off, "On the contrary, that's exaclty what he would do." He said before clearing his throat. "Go again-this time allow yourself to be consumed by emotions."

Aurora stared at him, "And what if it isn't enough?! Or if those emotions kill someone?"

"I can assure you Ms. Lexington, there are far worst things in life then murder." He muttered as she scoffed lightly and shook her head.

"There's something wrong with you-"

"I didn't ask to be analyzed by my student now-" he held his wand up, "Go. Again."

Aurora clenched her jaw and used non verbal magic as she had been taught for most of her life. Aurora used her wand as a knife, aiming to cut him or even let a drop of blood slip so he would stop provoking her.

Once she gained her rhythm Snape did something unexpected-used fire-and she immediately blocked it with the element of water by forming a dome around her taking him by surprise.

"Very well..." he said lowering his wand, "that concludes this session." He said as he couldn't help but thinking about how far she had come with only a few lessons. She was far more advanced than anyone he'd met almost going to his own level. He then thought about how dangerous that was.

Auorra grabbed her bag and held her side and limped out. She sniffled and forced herself up the long staircase to her room before she stopped right above.

"Aurora!" Cedric said as he looked at her from below, "Why are you up so early?"

Aurora panicked internally as she covered her wound with her bag, "Um...I couldn't sleep." She called back down, "I have to get changed-"