FIVE

|5| EARLY BIRD GETS THE GIRL

___

AURORA COCKED HER HEAD TO THE SIDE, "ASK AWAY." She said as she stopped walking and looked at him.

"Well...I know you don't have a date to the Yule ball...and I wanted to ask if you would be willing to go with me?" He asked, his voice wavering as she smiled.

"I'd love to go with you this weekend." She said as he smiled, "B-Brilliant." He stuttered before awkwardly stepping back, Aurora couldn't help but giggle a bit and watched as he turned around and went back to his friends.

Aurora's eyes widened in realization before she rushed back inside and grabbed Grayson, "We have to go to Hogsmead-ASAP!"

His eyes widdened, "Someone asked you?! I was beginning to think you were cursed or something!" He lied, she was cursed. He heard through the grapevine Draco threantend anyone who wanted to ask her and there were many people who wanted to.

Luckily for her, Harry didn't follow Draco's rules nor did he care about them.

"I'll meet you in a second, maybe I could persuade Matthew into coming-y'know as bodyguards and not..." Grayson trailed off with a smirk before running off.

Aurora smiled and headed upstairs where she dropped her books and made a couple of notes to remind herself to do things. After she changed into some casual winter clothes. Some brown trousers, a black and silky long sleeved shirt and the necklace Draco had given her for her third year. She grabbed her coat, her low boots and made sure she was liquid enough before she headed to the door.

Aurora, Matthew and Grayson, walked down the slightly snow covered path and spoke amongst themselves.

"I love for all of your outfits." Grayson said as Matthew nodded.

"Their bloody mental." He said as she laughed and thanked him.

"So who asked you to the dance?" Matthew asked as she smiled, "Harry Potter."

He nodded in approval, "Two powerful wizards make a right." He joked as Grayson gently pushed him. "Leave her alone"

"I'm just saying!"

Aurora chuckled and shook her head, "I don't like Harry like that. I do however like Cedric, but he apparently likes someone else." She said as she fluttered her eyelashes. "He's just so...dreamy." She said as they approached the nearest store.

"He's quite vain, but he is alright. I don't approve how he was juggling two girls at once." Grayson shrugged.

"You guys head off to the tux section, I'll browse around." She said as she began to look at the beautiful fabric dresses that called for her.