FORTY SIX

||46|| MISTRUST

___

"THIS SHOULD HELP WITH YOUR WOUNDS." Fleur said as she entered a room Aurora was in, hiding from everyone as she thought about what was next-she refused to think about what she had lost...who she had lost.

Aurora looked up, "I'm fine." She said while waving her hand in a small dismissive manner.

"You're not fine. It will take some time for you to heal up properly and until you do you'll be staying here recovering." She said as Aurora sighed and allowed for her to help.

"Is it that obvious?" She asked as she pulled up her shirt and showed a variety of scars, bruises and dried up blood. One particularly large gash just below her breast made Aurora feel ugly.

The French girl nodded, "Yes, you could seriously hurt yourself further if you do anything else. You could risk splinching yourself if you're apparate again or it could be fatal." She said as she set a glass down along with other things.

Aurora thanked her and laid on the bed, not touching it as a couple of tears slid down her cheeks. Draco who was outside getting air and mourning Dobby walked up and knocked on her door softly.

"Come in." He heard her soft voice crack as he opened it and closed it behind him. He looked down at her as she let out a shaky breath and stared at herself in the mirror.

"What is it?" Aurora asked, not angry not even sad, annoyed or sarcastic.

He didn't move forward, "They've left."

"As I imagined." Aurora muttered as she harshly pulled her shirt down, "I should conjure a patronus and communicate with the um...with The Order." She said, a little dazed before she wipped her tears.

Draco approached her slowly, seeing that she seemed to be out of sorts. He would be worried if she wasn't, seeing as she went through so much pain and torture. "If you take on anything else you're going to break Aurora-"

"And would you have me sit and do nothing instead?" Aurora asked quietly, tired of yelling and fighting, "Do you reckon that's something I should do?"

He licked his slightly chapped lips, "I just think you should rest-you're stubborn to do otherwise. What happened in the Manor isn't something you could shake off despite your stubborn belifs-

"Believe me the torture was the thing that hurt me." She muttered, hoping he didn't hear her but he did. "Besides, sitting and doing nothing will only give me time to think and that's the last thing I want to do."

"I don't know what more I could do to prove to you that I'm sorry," he stated as he took a step forward, "That I love you."

Aurora flinched as he reached out to her. The look on his face was sure to haunt her for the rest of his life as he cleared his throat slightly. She opened her mouth to speak but said nothing as she grabbed her wand.