Chapter 2: Patrick Jose to P.A.3.K

(A/N: Alright, had to make this note too due to having Riddle appear or mentioned here thus far. I am aware that there are accusations and allegations involving him in relation to the movement of those speaking out against wrestlers committing sexual assaults.

For this story, his portrayal will be in a tasteful light in this book. Thank you)

Hunter's Office, WWE Performance Center

P.A3.K.: I want to pitch my new name as P.A.3.K.. 

Hunter: - looks at him funny - P.A.3.K.? Isn't that still a bit too on the nose? Plus, wouldn't that be weird for an MMA fighter crossing over to have such a name?

P.A.3.K.: Someone in the main roster creative did that to Matt Riddle, with all due respect of course.

Hunter: Oh yeah. But what made you realize that this name will be the one for you here?

P.A.3.K.: Well, I want to be built up and billed as some sort of a fighter. You know, a warrior who can finish his opponents any way he wishes, pinfall or submission. I got some moves I want to try and some I've seen from when I had the rare times I got to play wrestling games in the arcades and in my rich cousin's house. 

Hunter: Hmm... You got a point there. But isn't this a departure from your past as an MMA fighter? Don't you want us to bill you and build you up as that instead?

P.A.3.K.: Well, thing is, the name is just to add a bit of an edge. I need to set myself apart from Brock Lesnar, Matt Riddle, and the other MMA fighters who made the leap. I just think this one along with the backstory will be that added edge. To trick up opponents, to pull off tricks and feats that my opponents will never expect just to finish them off.

Hunter: Well, can't argue with that. But, P.A.3.K., man this will take a while to adjust to. - stretches out his right hand - welcome to the black and gold! Regal or I will call you once you're needed at the NXT tapings. For now, you are more than free to train here. Best of luck be with you, Resilient Warrior, P.A.3.K.!

PA3K: My thanks to you, Hunter! - shakes his hand -

WWE Performance Center

P.A.3.K. was walking out of Hunter's office all happy and smiling. In his happiness he heard someone call out to him

Tegan: Patrick! 

P.A.3.K.: Oh, hey Tegan. Thought you'd be with Mia and the others.

Tegan: About that. I needed to do some rehab before I get to join them in their gaming tonight. But I saw you come out of Hunter's office. Does that mean?

P.A.3.K.: Yes. - smiles at her - You're now talking to the newest NXT signee.

Tegan: - smiling - Oh my God! Congrats. Would shake your hand but...crutches and 

P.A.3.K.: It's fine. But, you need someone to help you back to where you're staying? 

Tegan: Well, Kota is supposed to be my ride home but... - checks her phone but sees the battery is dead - Fuck! A day when I forget to bring a powerbank - pouts -

P.A.3.K.: Do you happen to know her number? You can use my phone.

Tegan: Oh no. That would not be right.

P.A.3.K.: No. It's fine with me. 

As he said this, he brings out his phone, an Old Samsung Galaxy from early 2010s and unlocks it for Tegan.

Tegan: (Mind: Oh my... such an old device)

P.A.3.K.: Is something the problem?

Tegan: Oh no. I'm sorry. Let me dial in - dials in - Damnit, recorded message. Hey Kota! You're supposed to pick me up! Still at the PC!.... - hands the phone back to PA3K - I'm sorry you had to see that.