Chapter 1 Into a New World

(A/N: Again the usual this story takes place in its own special timeline where some real events take place as they do or differently depending on the writer. Again, no Thunderdome, no COVID-19 here, sadly no Capitol Wrestling Center. Sucks? Yeah I know.

Also another disclaimer as early as now, I am fully aware of Tegan's sexuality since she came out as a lesbian sometime in July of this year. And also her coming out as a bisexual sometime after, credits to JohnnyWriting for informing me of this, on an episode of The Bump. Not mad or offended by her coming out. I got no problem with that. But for this story, she's bisexual, but leaning towards men. Updated this last part just to add a bit of real life and still fit with the original drawing board.

We all good? Alright here we go.)

WWE Performance Center, Last tryout day. 1 week after NXT TakeOver.

Patrick had arrived and was working on his last rep, with sweat already showing on his workout shirt. He then headed to the sandbag to work on his striking game. As he had began striking on the sandbag he had this in mind.

Patrick: (mind: Take me seriously damnit! I am worth being a contender!)

He then finished his striking game and saw Matt Bloom enter. 

Patrick: Good morning Sir.

Bloom: Hey there, I've seen you put in all the work since you got here. Today being the last day of tryouts I decided to make it special for you. Found you some special trainers who can make or break your training. - sees the special trainers - And I will leave you with them as I observe you and see if you are worth getting signed as a WWE superstar.

As Matt said this, in came Jessamyn Duke and Matt Riddle to oversee and  assist his training. 

Jessamyn: Oh, if it isn't Patrick Jose. Finally wanted to make the leap huh?

Riddle: Bro! Glad to see you here and take the leap from octagon to squared circle.

Bloom: Oh you three know of one another? 

Patrick: Yes, we all had our brushes in our MMA days. 

Bloom: Then I did a good job picking you two to help our trainee here finish his last day in tryouts. Do your worst on him? - jokingly says that - (mind: Just want to see him push himself more but he is already guaranteed a contract. Hunter has seen his work even when he least knew he was being watched)

Matt Riddle, Jessamyn Duke and Patrick Jose then proceeded to do some drills together. As Patrick did his reps, Matt and Jessamyn were keeping watch on Patrick as he was doing his drills. What Patrick did not know was that he was being watched by another person in the PC, a woman with brown hair still with crutches hobbling about along with Dakota Kai and Mia Yim. 

???: Hey, who is that big man over there doing drills with Jess and Riddle?

Mia: Ooh Tegan, you into that guy now?

Tegan: Uhm no! I'm just interested is all.

Dakota: You seem to be staring right into him now Tegan.

Tegan: No! Geez...

Dakota: I see Jess there. Steph (Mia), we need to see if lunch is still on.

Mia: Yeah, we might have to stream later together with Shayna - chuckles - Come on, Captain Marvel, you're joining us. 

Tegan: Wait! I can't walk as fast on account of my crutches! - pouts  but still tries to catch up to Mia and Dakota - 

Patrick was doing his drills while Jessamyn and Matt Riddle were motivating him.