Chapter 16 Shiniest Online Visit

June 13, 2019
Orlando, Florida
Tegan's home
P.A.3.K.'s room
7AM

P.A.3.K. woke up and he heard some whimpering. He saw that Marvel and Blue were close to his side of the bed, begging.

P.A.3.K.: Aww you wanted to greet me good morning, my furry housemates?

The dogs were begging him withs ad eyes as he gave in. P.A.3.K. rose up and got off the bed to go to their feeding bowls.

P.A.3.K.: Now where did Mother Steffanie leave your doggo treats? 

He sees the treats by the cupboard and lets some out for the two dogs. 

P.A.3.K.: Have to feed you two or else she will kick me out

Marvel and Blue begged when they heard P.A.3.K. say this.

P.A.3.K.: That's why I'm feeding you both - chuckles -

As he chuckled, his stomach growled.

P.A.3.K.: Guess it's feeding time for me too. 

As he began to cook himself breakfast, his phone began to ring.

P.A.3.K.: Oh come on! Not while I'm cooking. I might burn the rice!

He was able to turn off the rice cooker then saw who was calling.

Tegan (Steff) is calling

P.A.3.K.: Oh no! 

He frantically turns on his camera for the video call to see a smiling Tegan on the other side.

Tegan: Morning to ya! 

P.A.3.K.: I'm guessing it's....late morning there?

Tegan: Noon actually but good guess you daft plonker - giggles - But how are my doggos?

P.A.3.K.: Oh yeah - moves the camera to show Marvel and Blue happily eating their food -

Tegan: Awww hey Marvel and Blue

P.A.3.K. faces the front camera towards the dogs as they saw her and happily barked

Tegan: Aww I miss you too. - giggles - Now where did my Resilient Housekeeper go?

P.A.3.K. was running frantically towards the rice cooker after the rice had settled. He then faced the front camera.

P.A.3.K.: Sorry Steff, I was tending to the rice

Tegan: Tending to the...oh no! - pouts - Were you about to have breakfast?

P.A.3.K. can only nod and Tegan found him adorable admitting this.

Tegan: Go back to preparing... I'm almost having lunch in a bit...

P.A.3.K.: Hey, you wanna, I don't know, keep the camera on while we finish preparing our meals while we talk? Just so we don't waste your effort in calling.

Tegan: Aww... it might look uncomfortable seeing me in house clothes like this...

P.A.3.K.: Nonsense, I was careless enough to have the camera on while I still have a bad case of bed hair - laughs -

Tegan: Aww... alright, lunch is almost done 

P.A.3.K.: So are the bacon and eggs 

He smiles as he flips the bacon and places the egg on top of the plate. He follows the strips of bacon as he sets his plate on the table along with a jug of water.

Tegan on her side was able to sit on the table too but P.A.3.K. heard another woman's voice on the other line.

???: Steffanie Newell, who are you talking to there?