Chapter 11 Touring Bridgeport

June 2, 2019
Bridgeport, Connecticut
P.A.3.K.'s Room
Hotel
Morning

P.A.3.K. just woke up and still felt a bit sore after his match with Cameron Grimes the night before. He had to modify his morning routine so not much strenuous stretches. He then received a text message and saw who it came from.

Tegan Nox/Steff
Hey Pat, are you up? Want to join me for some breakfast?

P.A.3.K. replied promptly.

P.A.3.K./Pat
Oh yes, that sounds good. Will join you in a bit.

P.A.3.K. brought his phone with him to the hotel lobby to hopefully catch up on the breakfast buffet. He still felt some struggle with his right shoulder as that hit the impact of the barricade.

As he walked to the lobby in just an NXT shirt and some jersey shorts, he saw Tegan in a hoodie and shorts, which showed off her leg tattoos, her knee brace and especially the operational scar. Tegan blushed as she saw P.A.3.K. notice her.

Tegan: - still blushing - morning to you!

P.A.3.K.: Hey, morning! What's with the blush?

Tegan: Oh..uhh... You see my legs - pouts - must look ugly to ya huh?

P.A.3.K.: Hey, I don't judge. They look fine to me. In fact, interesting with the tattoos and .... well the knee brace is temporary.

Tegan: But you see...my scars 

She said this with closed eyes in embarrassment. P.A.3.K. knew what had to be done. Instead of shaking her, he hugs her in the middle of the hotel lobby. Tegan was taken aback but decided to go against all apprehension and hug her friend back. 

P.A.3.K. hugged her close but not so much due to the wincing from the "battlescars" of his NXT Takeover debut the night before. 

Tegan notices P.A.3.K. struggling to keep the hug in and gently unwraps the hug.

Tegan: Aww I appreciate the hug but I feel you're still not recovered from your Takeover debut.

P.A.3.K.: - sadly admits - yeah. Shoulder's still hurting like a bitch. Ooops - covers his mouth -

Tegan giggles as she saw her friend curse his pain.

Tegan: Awww you know what the trainer said, Pat.

P.A.3.K.: Take it easy. I know Nurse Tegan - chuckles -

Tegan: Oh so you see me as a nurse? - giggles -

P.A.3.K.: Well, you are caring and concerned. But anyway, where to for the day, Shiniest Wizard?

Tegan: Well, I did some readin' up while you had your match and I saw that Bridgeport has parks and well... - blushes -

P.A.3.K.: Well?

Tegan: - smiles - and a Zoo! Beardsley Zoo!

P.A.3.K.: I will take a guess that you are an animal lover.

Tegan: Yeah - nods adorably - I got my doggos back at home. 

P.A.3.K.: I'm guessing dog lover?

Tegan: - with enthusiasm - Yeah! They've helped me through some hard times and even interrupt me while I rehab at home - giggles - 

She then shows her phone and grins while presenting this picture to P.A.3.K.

K