Chapter 23 Reforge

June 27, 2019
P.A.3.K.'s Room
Tegan's Home
Orlando, Florida
Morning

P.A.3.K. woke up after some time feeling refreshed. This was after he was reassured by Tegan that things are doing well as he did the same to her. He recalled that he had to get up early for his pledge to Regal and Ohno, to add to his arsenal of moves.

P.A.3.K. did some stretches and had a decent pre-workout breakfast as well as feed the dogs before walking the dogs to the Garganos, which was on the way to the Performance Center.

Performance Center 
10AM
P.A.3.K. arrived at the Performance Center and looked around to check if Kassius had arrived. To his surprise, he saw that Cameron Grimes was there and greeted him with a bro hug.

Cameron: My oh my, if it isn't the Titan of Tondo P.A.3.K.!

P.A.3.K.: Pat will do fine too since we're off camera.

Cameron: Nah, I know that. I just want to greet my new big friend from the MMA circuit

P.A.3.K.: Well used to but....

Cameron: Doesn't matter. But say, why are you here?

Kassius: *sneaks up behind* Because we both agreed to this.

Cameron jolted while P.A.3.K. nodded seeing the Knockout Artist arrive. 

Cameron: Agreed upon? But he wrote you off....

P.A.3.K.: I asked for this, you saw it in our match that I was limited in the ring.

Cameron: I don't agree a 100% but I see your point

P.A.3.K.: Plus, to benefit Chris (Kassius) here so he gets that long awaited push

Kassius: Now that wasn't really necessary but to add some fire back and improve my stock, that I can agree with. Been a while since I got into something meaningful these days

P.A.3.K.: Plus, teach me master

Kassius: *chuckles* I'm no master but hey, let's do some basic moves and figure out what fits on your build and arsenal.

P.A.3.K.: *smirks then brings out his phone* Heard that, Shiniest one?

Tegan: *from the phone* Yeah yeah I hear ya loud and clear

Cameron: Oh, then what timing that I'm here. Mind if I let Lady Tegan here watch you two go at it in the ring?

Tegan: *hears Cameron* Kick rocks you!

P.A.3.K.: Be nice Steff. Besides, *puts the camera on him* didn't you want to watch me go at it in the ring as inspiration for your rehab?

Tegan: *sad* yeah...

P.A.3.K.: Then this be your chance *smiles*

Cameron: See? Now I hold onto the phone while you and Kassius go in and start your drills. 

P.A.3.K. and Kassius enter the ring and after some stretches, both began their training. As Kassius taught P.A.3.K. some new wrestling holds, Tegan was nodding as Cameron was hyping up P.A.3.K.

Cameron: Wow, I didn't know he had THAT in him. Big boy's got moves!

Tegan: *from the video feed* Yeah.... Hey, mind bringing me to Pat?

Cameron: You bet Steff. *at Kassius* Short breather Chris?

Kassius: Oh, oh yeah, let's do a breather

P.A.3.K.: What? *shocked* I can still go up a ...

As he tried to finish his sentence, Tegan's face beamed up thanks to Cameron bringing up P.A.3.K.'s phone still showing the video feed. He blushed seeing Tegan smile and sweat a bit as she was also doing some of her rehab work at the same time.

Tegan: Is my reliable, resilient warrior getting tired?

P.A.3.K.: *blushes more* Oh...no! I'm still able to go!

Tegan: Take a breather will ya! You big bubba! *giggles*

P.A.3.K.: Oh don't call me that *smirks*

P.A.3.K. was motivated to go on and put up with more training hours with Kassius as the two learned more grapple moves to add to his arsenal. At the same time, Kassius was getting imipressed at his pupil for the day taking in the moves and being able to imitate them all at the same time. 

Timeskip to after the training session
Performance Center
Late Afternoon
Kassius and P.A.3.K. were already at both ends of the ring as they were exhausted. Cameron kept P.A.3.K.'s phone up with the power bank as his battery nearly went dead with Tegan still on the other side of the feed. 

Tegan: So impressive....

Kassius: *to Tegan* You got yourself a lucky man Ms. Newell *smirks*

P.A.3.K.: We're just friends!

Cameron: He didn't ask you but sure *chuckles with air quotes* "friends"

Tegan; Kick rocks! *pouts*

Cameron: Tell me that and P.A.3.K. will lose motivation!

P.A.3.K.: Let's not go there now! *blushes*

Kassius saw P.A.3.K. blush and he chuckles.

Kassius: Alright, that will do for today. Quite the work you put up! Just 2 more weeks while Creative has me selling you being written off.

Tegan: He did well *smiles*

P.A.3.K. heard his friend's words of affirmation. Kassius, being the joker, ruins the mood.

Kassius: Still got a lot to learn, rook!

P.A.3.K.: *looks down on the mat* Man....

Tegan: Oh no! *gasps*

Kassius: *smirks and lightly butts his fist on P.A.3.K.'s chest* Kidding man. Work in progress but you putting in the work will make my job easier. Don't you agree Steff? 

Tegan: *breathes a sigh of relief* Don't scare my little heart like that! 

P.A.3.K.: Alright, so... same time next week?

Kassius: You got it man. Class dismissed!

Timeskip to P.A.3.K.'s Room
Tegan's House

Evening
P.A.3.K. finished showering and tending to the dogs. As he laid down on bed, he stretched and nearly drifted to sleep, until he saw a notification on his phone.

tegannoxwwe_: Good job earlier Pat. Just a few more sessions and the Resilient Warrior will return deadlier and better. Pardon if I am unable to do a video chat due to the time but I want to say, I was wrong. You showing me effort in wanting to better yourself made me want to do better and rehab harder so I can in time, return faster, stronger and shinier than ever. We got this!

P.A.3.K. felt a bit melted after Tegan's heart warming message. He wanted to reply to her but he had to be careful of his message so it does not come off too strong or too assuming of him.

PA3KRW: Hey, thanks. And no worries, time difference can kick rocks to be honest. But yes, hope in my own way, I can help you recover. Keep safe over there!

As P.A.3.K. puts away his phone and turns off the light, he looks up at the ceiling for a bit. Thoughts flood into his mind if he made the right choice or if he just prematurely ended his dominant run. In the middle of those thoughts, a certain concerned Shiniest Wizard's face entered his mind. He blushed and felt a tinge of longing to see that face personally and not through another phone screen.

P.A.3.K.: Guess I'm starting to feel for her...more than just as a friend... But no, must be that nice is her default...or maybe... 

The thoughts flood on but as soon as P.A.3.K. closed his eyes, he fell asleep.

(A/N: This will be me being transparent. At this rate, there will be timeskipping so this won't be like my books where the story progresses in 2 weeks or more based on the setting and situation. Just so no one will be surprised as they follow. Thanks!)