Chapter 52 More than happy ending

Jessica's pov

I walked the aisle with my arms linked with my dad. Dad was not the one to cry while giving me away but I could see his eyes were wet. I smiled at the thought of him not wanting to let me go. I was not very far from him as I had decided to finish college. I was waiting to see those determined eyes. I was ready to give up my life if he was ready to. I saw him standing at the end of the aisle with a smile on. I felt protected and happy all of a sudden. I was not nervous anymore. As we reached the end Dan brought out his hand. I looked at my Dad one more time and saw him nodding his head. He looked proud and happy. I smiled and took Dan's hand. I could see the determination in his eyes. He was the only person that could break into my room in the middle of the night and ask me to go somewhere and I wouldn't hesitate a bit. The pastor started " Dan Carter do you take Jessica Mayak to be your loving friend and partner in marriage. To talk and to listen, to trust and appreciate you; to respect and cherish your uniqueness; and to support, comfort, and strengthen you through life's joys and sorrows. Do you promise to share hopes, thoughts, and dreams as you build your lives together?" " I do," he said without hesitation. The pastor turned towards me and started " Do you Jessica Mayak take Dan Carter to be your loving friend and partner in marriage. To talk and to listen, to trust and appreciate you; to respect and cherish your uniqueness; and to support, comfort, and strengthen you through life's joys and sorrows. Do you promise to share hopes, thoughts, and dreams as you build your lives together?" " I do," I said, looking into Dan's eyes. " You may kiss your wife" the pastor ended. Dan smiled and pulled me in for a kiss. I smiled as I heard clapping and shouting from the guests. After the ceremony, I took a bouquet and stood in front of all the bachelors. I closed my eyes and threw it over my head. There was shouting and then everything calmed down. I turned around to see Natalie holding the bouquet looking shocked. I smiled and ran to hug her. All of my bridesmaids pulled in for a group hug. It was perfect. Everybody smiled and laughed. The whole family was together with my favourite girls surrounding me and the man of my dreams who was now my husband. It was not a happy ending. It was more than one.

Flashback ends - Back to 2020

Dan still makes breakfast for me every morning. We go to see our children sometimes who are now married. We have two kids, both of them are girls. One works as a lawyer and the other is a fashion designer. One lives in Singapore and the other in Dubai. We have three grandkids. We talk to them everyday on the phone. Mom and dad died when I was fifty-three. Dan and I still take walks in the park outside our house. We also visit Bailey high once or twice a year. After thirty years of our marriage Dan retired from the entertainment industry and I retired two years after him. After marriage we did many movies together. They became classics and they are still watched by many people all over the world. We still cherish our love and have a good laugh every time we remember our college days. We have decided to stay beside each other till we are taking our last breath. We spent more than fifty years of our lives together.