Chapter 17 Fights and jealousy

My driver was already at the university gate to pick me up for the shoot. I got in and arrived at the place a few minutes later. It was already bustling. Dan had not arrived yet. I was relieved. I wished I didn't see him the whole day. I had nothing to talk to him about. As I was getting ready, there was a knock on the door. Lizzie went to open the door to open it but I stopped her. I didn't let her open it for some time so I heard Dan's voice from outside. Lizzie forcefully opened the door and let Dan in. Lizzie left after Dan told her that we needed to talk. I turned around and just smudged my makeup with a sponge. Dan stood behind my chair and tried to make eye contact with me through the mirror. I did not care and just kept on smudging my primer without making eye contact. I asked Lizzie to come in. She came in and started putting the rest of my makeup. Dan just stood there with his eyes down. He finally asked me after a while what the matter was. I did not reply. I just started reading a book that was kept on my table. I pretended not to listen. Lizzie left after she was done but Dan just stood there. After she left he sat down on his one knee and asked what the matter was. I said that it was nothing and turned the other way around. He sighed and started to leave. I wanted him to stay longer and try to please me. I asked myself how he could give up so fast. I shouted as he was about to leave. I told him all that had happened yesterday. All the time that I ran. All about me getting a fever. I told him about him hugging Natalie. I was so angry at him. My voice must have gone too high while shouting and I got a voice crack. A tingling sensation filled my throat. It suddenly started to hurt. I sat down on the chair still holding my neck. Dan got me a glass of water. I took it from him and sipped it slowly. I was worried that it would affect the shoot. After having the whole glass of water, I walked out without saying anything to Dan. He walked out after me. I saw Lizzie outside the door with a worried look on her face. I nodded at her like everything was okay. She sighed a calm sigh and walked with me till the shoot. We finished shooting quite nicely that day. Dan asked me if I wanted to grab dinner with him but I said no. It was Lizzie's birthday the next day and I had to pick her a gift. Dan said that he had known Lizzie for a long time and knew what she liked. I did not want to agree at first but then I realized that I didn't know what to get her and what she liked. I agreed to go with him to get a gift. I got in Dan's car and headed to the mall. As we went in, one of the girls came rushing to Dan with her friends. She asked for an autograph but didn't have a paper. I handed her one and went to check one of the shops. The girl asked who I was to Dan and he said that I was his crush. What Dan didn't realize was that I could still hear him. The girls oohed at him and left. Dan's face turned red. He slapped his face gently and walked to me. I tried to ignore eye contact with him. I asked myself how he could be so dumb and cute at the same time. I turned around to see a beautiful necklace. I wondered if Lizzie would like the necklace. I bent down to take a closer look. Dan stood behind me and put his arms around, resting his palms on the glass table. After caging me in unknowingly he went on telling me all the reasons why Lizzie won't like that necklace. I pushed him away and walked out of the shop. As I left the shop, I saw a beautiful dress. I knew it didn't match Lizzie's rock style. I liked it for myself. I grabbed the dress and headed towards the dressing room. Before entering the dressing room I asked Dan to wait outside. He nodded and I headed in. There was no mirror inside so I headed out to look at myself. Before I saw how I looked, Dan's face said everything. He stood there in awe holding two other dresses in his hands. I waved my hand in front of his face. I paid for the dress and left. Dan showed me a dress Lizzie would like. It was a black dress till her mid thigh with a longer cloth at the back. I bought it with a matching necklace. I was about to leave when Dan asked me to accompany him to buy something for his mother. I agreed and entered a Big shop with Dan. After walking around for an hour, Dan finally settled with a Miele's bag and Lufhtahansa's heels. We were going to walk out of the mall when Dan got us some cotton candy. We sat on a bench near the exit gate and had the cotton candy. Dan seemed to be staring at me all the time but I did not turn around. I looked at him from the corner of my eye. He looked guilty and sad. I asked him if he was going to celebrate Lizzie's birthday with us. He nodded his head and said that he always celebrated her birthday with her. He also said that Lizzie was like a sister to him. I asked why he wanted to get a gift for his mother. He said that her birthday was also coming up. After having the cotton candy we headed out and went back to the university.