Chapter 47 A new environment

Jessica's pov

My dad came to pick me up with his manager. It was quite a hussle getting out of the university as everybody wanted his autograph and one of the things on his not to do list is never say no to a fan. It did take us long to get out but soon we were on our way to the airport. I looked out of the window the whole time as it pained to be away from Dan for such a long time. My dad put his hand on my shoulder and looked at me with a worried look. He asked me if something had happened. I blurted out that I needed to change schools. He looked at me shocked. I had thought about it for a long time. It was the only way I could let go of my feelings for Dan. I had messed up my relationship with my best friend and my first boyfriend was mad at me. It felt almost impossible but I really said that to my father. My heart ached. He looked at me for a while and then looked away. He seemed to be deep in thought. As we were about to reach the airport, he finally talked to me again. He said that I had done a great job for my exam this year and so I could change schools. I was thankful that he didn't ask anymore questions. I sighed in relief. I was sure that he knew what I was going through. I had been really close with my father from the time I was small. Whenever my mom scolded me, he would come to my rescue. I had not gotten to see him a lot as he had gotten busier over the years and I was always away from home. I laid my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. After travelling for a long time, we finally reached home. My mom came running towards me with her hands open. I hugged her tightly and stayed like that for some time. I was like that till I heard a familiar voice from the back. I found my brother grinning at me. I smiled and hugged him. It had been two years since I had last seen him. His name was Peter and he worked in the Netherlands. I cried in his shoulder as he patted my head. I finally pulled away from him and he asked me if I wanted to hangout with his friends tomorrow. I needed something to distract me from Dan so I agreed. We had a feast that night to celebrate my good marks and for Peter's coming back home. After dinner, my parents headed to their room while I headed to mine. I lay on my bed and thought about Dan. It angered me that he didn't even talk to me but instead I started crying. There was a knock on my door and I immediately wiped away my tears. I asked them to come in and Peter opened the door. He came to my bed and plopped down. He lied down as he supported his head on his palm. I asked him what the matter was and he asked me the same question. I looked at him with a confused look. He answered that he was worried because he could hear me from his room. He also said that I sounded like a howling wolf. I yanked his head and asked him to get out. He didn't move from his place and asked me what the matter was with a serious face. I sighed and started telling him about Dan. He listened carefully and when I told him Dan's full name and what he did, his eyes widened. I knew he knew something but I didn't bother asking. He patted my head and tucked me in my bed. He wished me goodnight and switched off the lights. The next morning I got up in a hurry and switched on the lights but then I remembered that I had no lectures. I sighed and went back to bed but then I heard my mom shouting for me to come have breakfast. I screamed and slowly got out of bed. The weather was good that day so I went out for a walk after breakfast. I took a moment to take in the air before walking around my garden. I was feeling calm. I had finally finished a stressful year and I was ready to move on. In the evening, Peter asked me if I really wanted to hang out with him. I said yes to him and changed my clothes. At about seven in the evening I got in Peter's car and we drove to the movie theater. It was not as crowded as always. We got down from the car and headed to the entrance. There were a group of guys waiting. Peter walked to them and did a guy handshake. They were about to head in when Peter stopped them. He slowly turned around and pointed at me. They all looked at me and suddenly a smile spread across their faces. I glanced around and all I could see was posters of me and Dan while Donna at the back. I suddenly realised that we were going to watch my movie. Peter's friends looked like they had just popped up from a comic book. They were dressed in casuals but they still looked like they would be the centre of attention if they went to an award show like that. They walked towards me and Peter introduced us to each other. We went to the entrance and I could see the guard's face go pale. Peter gave him our tickets but his eyes were only stuck on me. After checking our tickets he asked us to stay outside for a while. We agreed and it was not long after a man dressed in a suit came out. He shook my hand and smiled. I returned the smile. He asked me what I was doing there. I answered with a smile still on that I had just come to watch the move. His face lit up. He gestured to us to walk in and we did. We went to our respected seats and sat down.

Black and Whiteजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें