Chapter 24 An unexpected guest

Jessica's pov

The next morning, I got up to a knock on the door. Everybody else was still sleeping so I went to get the door. The matron was standing at the door with her eyes that were still sleepy. She informed me that there was a guy waiting for me in front of the dorm. I asked her if it was Dan. She shook her head in a no. Joy had woken up from our talking and slowly got out of bed. I thanked the matron and shut the door. I asked Joy if she could accompany me down stairs. She agreed and put on a jacket. I also grabbed my jacket and made my way down. After I got out in the cold weather, I thought to myself if someone was playing a prank on me. I turned around to go back to the room, there was a pat on my shoulder. I turned around to see a guy towering over me with a sweet smile. I immediately recognized him. He was one of my best friends in America. He was described as handsome as an actor. He had dark brown hair and green eyes. He had a perfect jawline and teeth which fit his face perfectly. He smiled down at me. I remembered him as we were very close. I hugged him. I got all emotional and tears started flowing out of my eyes. Although he smiled at me, he still looked worried. I hugged him tighter and buried my face into his chest. He slowly patted my back. He was the only one that had always taken care of me whenever I was feeling down. I was so happy to see him again. He was taller than me. After I finally left him I saw him smiling down at me. I smiled back. In the middle of all of this, I had forgotten that Joy was also standing there looking confused. I introduced Joy to Dylan and introduced Dylan to Joy. After talking for some time, I told Dylan to wait at the school canteen. He shook his head in an ok. I smiled and headed back to the dorm. I changed into some casual clothes and headed to the canteen with Joy. Dylan was talking with some girl. I would usually feel jealous if this happened in America but I didn't feel it this time. I just went and sat in front of him. He looked surprised at my calm behaviour. After the girl had left, he turned towards me. He told me that me coming to college had done me some good. He chuckled at my angry face. He pinched my cheeks. Joy sat there awkwardly while we chatted away. I finally turned my gaze to Joy who was smiling. I asked her as to why she was smiling. She shook her head and headed to the counter. I got up and headed to the counter too. I asked her what had happened. She nudged me on the elbow and said that Dylan and I make a great couple. My face went red at the thought of me and Dylan dating. I slapped the back of her hand and said that there was nothing going on. As I was about to say more, Dylan walked towards us and snaked his arm around my waist. It was normal in America for people to do this but it was very rare in Russia. Who wouldn't have thought that we were a couple? I stood there awkwardly while Dylan looked at the menu with his arm still around my waist. After having breakfast, we headed out. Joy headed to the lectures while Dylan and I still walked around. Dylan asked me about my next plans. I answered that I needed to go to the shoot. He said that he would drop me off. I hesitated for a bit but agreed at last. He smiled and we walked towards his car. My car was parked just near his. I asked the driver to go to the shoot alone. He looked worried but then drove off. Dylan and I headed to the shoot. After we reached there, Dylan left me at the gate. As he was about to head out, Dan walked towards us. Dylan greeted Dan. They shook each other's hands. I introduced them to each other. I could see a hint of jealousy on Dan's face. I wondered why he was jealous. I looked down and realised that Dylan had snaked his arm around my waist again. Dan turned around and left. I stood there unable to do anything. After some time I pulled away from Dylan. I wished him goodbye and went after Dan. I entered his caravan to see him sitting on his chair with his face in his palms. I walked towards him and patted his shoulder. He got up and I noticed that there were tears in his eyes. I wiped one of his tears from his face. He pushed me towards the wall and put my hands above my head. He was breathing heavily. I asked him what the matter was. He said that I was confusing him. I tried to free myself from his grip but he held me even tighter. My mind went blank and the only thing that was on my mind was the scene where the female lead was pinned down to the wall by the male lead. I tried my best not to blush while Dan towered over me. I asked him to stop crying. He loosened his grip at my words. I sighed. He left my hands and turned around to leave. I ran and hugged him from the back. He sniffled and rubbed his eyes with his sweatshirt. I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. He must be going through a lot I thought to myself.