Chapter 37 Its over

Dan's pov

The next day when I reached the shoot, everybody was crying and wiping their tears. It was the end of the movie shoot and the movie was about to be premiered. Jessica stood there talking with one of the crew members. As the crew member saw me, she came up to me and hugged me. Jessica looked at me for a minute as I hugged the crew member back. After she left, I walked to Jessica to tell her the situation. I was in the middle of an explanation when Jessica smiled at me. She told me that it was not my fault. It was very sweet of her to tell me that. She snaked both of her arms around my waist and leaned her head on my chest. I brought one hand to her head and gently patted it. She sighed and said that she was gonna miss the cast and crew. I smiled and said that I was gonna miss them too. As we were talking, we heard the director calling everybody for a photo shoot. We hurried over to the place where everybody was crowding. They asked Jessica and me to sit in the front. All the cast and crew members sat down as the director shouted cheese. He clicked the camera and put it on for three seconds. After that he came running towards us. He sat beside Jessica and me. The camera clicked and we smiled like the world was ending. I slid my arm around Jessica's waist. I turned my face around to look at Jessica's. She was staring back at me. I clenched my teeth. She pushed a strand of hair behind her ear and smiled to the camera. She looked heavenly in the top she was wearing. Finally I gave the cast something to talk about for months. I touched Jessica's hair and kissed her on the cheek. She blushed and slapped the back of my hand gently. Everybody looked stunned and there was a moment of silence. Everybody patted me and grinned. After we finished the photo shoot, everybody started packing up the things they had left in their caravans or their rooms. I went back to my caravan and picked up my jacket. Lucas came and hugged me with tears in his eyes. I giggled and told him that we would still see me as he was my assistant. He left me immediately and started checking one of the drawers. I shook my head and smiled. There was a knock on the door and I asked them to come in. Jessica came in looking flushed. As Lucas saw Jessica he left us and went out. I smiled and offered her a seat. I knew she was gonna be mad at me. She pulled a chair and sat beside me. I gulped and asked her if she needed anything. She asked me why I had done that in front of everybody. I smiled and said that I wanted everyone to know that we were dating. She looked flushed. I patted her back and asked if she didn't like it. SHe shook her head and said that she liked it but I shouldn't have done it in front of everybody. Jessica was not getting angry at me anymore from the time I had pranked her by saying that I wanted to break up with her as she always got angry with me. I got up and decided to prank her again. I told her that she was very rude and told her that we should break up. She looked at me with no expression on her face for a minute. She apologised as tears started to fill her eyes. I immediately hugged her and told her that I was just joking. She wrapped her hands around me and told me that she was gonna miss being on the shoot with me. I patted the back of her head gently and told her that I would miss it too. I assured her that we would see each other at the university. She pulled away from me slowly. I bent down and wiped her tears with a handkerchief. She smiled at me. Lucas came in and asked us if we were done talking. We nodded our head and headed out of the caravan. Many guys came to hug Jessica as we stepped out. They told Jessica that they were going to miss her on the set. Jealousy took over me and I put my arm around Jessica. She looked at me and understood the situation. We walked away from them. I asked her not to hug other guys. She said that she will always love me and will look at any other man with a hint of disappointment in her voice. I felt bad for doubting her. I caught hold of her hand and went to look for Lizzie. Lizzie stood there in a corner talking with the director with a bunch of papers in her hand. As she saw us walking towards her, she ran and hugged Jessica. They left each other with sudden tears in their eyes. I smiled and left them alone to talk for a while. Some of the crew asked for my autograph before leaving the shoot. It was almost 7 at night when mostly everybody left the shoot. The cast was still on the set. We wanted to spend a night together. It was a long night. We sat around telling everybody how much we were going to miss them. The director bought us dinner. After we were done all of the cast left. I looked over to see Jessica peacefully. I couldn't bear to disturb her sleep. I got a blanket from my caravan and put it on her. I sat around the whole night waiting for her to wake up so we could head back to the university.