Chapter 40 Finally Famous

Jessica's pov

The next morning I got up with sweat covering my head. The week had gone insanely boring without Dan but I did have my studies so I engrossed myself into it. It was the day of the movie premiere. I got out of bed and wiped the sweat off my head. I huffed at the thought of going in front of cameras without Dan. I changed into a hoodie and some shorts. After walking down the dorm stairs, I saw Lizzie waiting for me at the door. She opened the car door and gestured to me to get in. I obeyed her and got in. I didn't want anything to go wrong.We arrived at a tall building. As I got out of the car, the cameras clicked from every direction I looked. We walked in pushing through reporters and fans. While walking in, I felt something sharp rub against my arm. I ignored it at that moment as I didn't think of it as a big deal. Even after we entered the building there were reporters trying to film us. We walked up a long set of stairs. At the top we saw a bunch of men standing with their back towards us. They were dressed in elegant suits. Lizzie shouted that I was here. The men turned around. I saw my dad standing in the middle of men with Dan. My eyes bulged out at the sight. I couldn't think straight for a second. It happened so fast that I didn't know what to do. I started feeling dizzy. As I was about to fall down, I felt somebody's hand grab my waist. I looked at a person towering over me. Dan smiled down at me. Thoughts ran through my head. It was a little strange. I had thought that he was not coming. He helped me stand up straight. I looked in front to see my father smiling at me. I ran to hug him. I rested my head on his chest. It felt so familiar and not familiar at the same time. Tears trickled down my eyes without any reason but something I knew was that there were only happy tears. He brushed his fingers through my hair. I was so happy. We didn't say anything but it was like he understood everything I said. I asked him if he was there for the movie premiere. He shook his head in a yes and gave me a fatherly smile. I was about to say more when Lizzie dragged me inside a room. She waved her hand in the air and said that I was here. In a click of second, there were ten to fifteen women getting me seated in a chair. One of them rubbed my ankles while the other massaged my feet. There were so many things going around. Suddenly I felt a stinging sensation on my arm. I squealed. Everybody stopped and all the attention was turned towards me. I looked at my arm and found it deeply cut. I heard a gasp from one of the crew members. They started freaking out and everybody started asking questions at the same time. I quieted them and tried to think when it had happened. I immediately remembered the situation at the entrance. I explained it to them and they just stood there listening to me with their hands on their mouths. After I was done talking they started bustling again. One of them applied medicine while the others carried on with my massages and makeup. They wanted to apply heavy makeup on me but I asked them to go light with the makeup. They were a little disappointed at my words but obeyed. The makeup started by some lotion that was also applied to my hands and legs. After that a lady in her middle thirties started smudging some foundation on top. The foundation was followed by another cream and a light shade of lipstick. They covered my eyes with a peach golden eye shadow and some mascara. The mascara was thin but it made my eyes burn. I had applied mascara very less times as there were only normal scenes in the movie. After the mascara they put on fake eyelashes. They were so long they kept on coming in between my eyes. They also added some small fake gems to the corner of my eyes. As much as I enjoyed putting on makeup, I was also scared that one or the other thing would get smudged by my clumsiness. They finished off the makeup look by spraying some refreshing spray over my face. I walked to another room with big gowns crowding the racks. One of the ladies who was standing in the room saw me and bowed her head. I returned the favour. She pulled out a blue dress out of the rack. She handed it to me and asked me to accompany her. I did as she said and walked behind her to a curtain. She gestured to me to get in and I did. After I got in, she came in too and closed the curtain behind her. She helped me get in the dress and we headed out. I looked at myself in the mirror. The dress was a blue one. It had a butterfly shaped deep neckline on my chest and was held up by two very thin straps. The sleeves were attached to my neckline and were off the shoulder. The dress was divided in two parts. The upper part was giving an impression of flowing water as they got longer and longer as they moved down. The top part was slanting so it started from my waist and went down till my knee. The other part that was under the top part touched the floor. It looked like a ball gown. It was also decorated with some embroideries all over my chest and the top part of the dress. The sleeves of my dress were see through in some parts. The sleeves were mostly made out of a little mesh. The down part of the dress was lightly pleated making it look natural. It was the most beautiful dress I had ever seen.