Chapter 39 Self Conscious

Dan's pov

I was in my car heading over to my house. I was thinking about staying there for some time. A thought flashed through my mind as I remembered that I had forgotten to inform Jessica about it. I rubbed my forehead and let out a long sigh. My driver asked me if I was having a headache. I smiled and shook my head in a no. He smiled back and averted his eyes back to the road. I looked out of the window wondering if Jessica was thinking about me at that moment. After reaching the house, I rushed over to a telephone placed on the counter table. I quickly dialed over a number that I had remembered to be Jessica's dorm number. I dialed the number while crossing my fingers. As I heard the voice of her matron over the phone, I sighed in relief. I asked her to put Jessica on the phone and thanked her. I stood there for a moment when I heard Jessica's voice from a distance. I put my ears close to the phone wanting to listen to what she was saying. Soon her voice chimed in though the phone. I giggled and asked her how she was doing. She laughed and said that he had just met me a few hours ago. I blushed at her lovely voice. I was thankful that she wasn't right next to me. I informed her that I was going to stay over at my house for the next few days. I heard a bit of disappointment as I heard her ask when I was coming back. I thought of a prank to pull on her and I told her that I will be coming back two weeks later. I could hear the sadness in her voice but I was ready to see her happy face when I went to see her a week early. I put my mouth close to the phone and whispered that I loved her. She giggled but pretended not to hear and asked me to say it once again. I repeated it a little louder but I ended up getting the attention of my guards. As they saw me looking at them, they bowed their heads and turned to face the entrance again. Jessica giggled once again and repeated my words. I smiled and asked her if she was okay if I called her everyday. She mockingly said that her matron would get angry if I called her everyday. I could hear her matron defending herself and that it was okay even if I called everyday. I smiled at Jessica's goofiness. I wished her goodbye and cut the call. It felt lonely without her around clinging on to my arm. I walked to my room and collapsed on the bed. My back was stiff from sitting in the car. I laid down to stretch myself. I rolled over and looked around my room. It felt empty without Jessica. I ended up thinking about her and falling to sleep. It had been days since I slept like that. I was always working one or the other thing and pulling an all nighter almost every single night. It was great to be carefree for a while.

Jessica's pov

I blushed after I put the phone down. My matron was chuckling at my face. I walked out of her room after wishing her goodbye. The moment I walked out, I started jumping up and down. I was happy that Dan had called me although he was very busy. I was happy the whole time but also sad that I wouldn't see him for the next two weeks. As I was walking out of the dorm, I saw Ryan walking with books in his hands. I ran and got some from his hands. He hesitated for a bit but then agreed to it. We walked together for a while. He took the books from my hands as we reached his dorm. He asked me if I was free for a snack. I shook my head in a yes. It had been long since I spent time with him and I had so much to tell him. We walked out of the university and to a convenience store. We got some snacks and sat down at one of the tables near the counter. I was really nervous about the premier of the movie. It was gonna be a big night with thousands of big celebrities in the same room. I talked quietly to Ryan, telling him about all that had happened in the shoot. He looked happy for some reason. I asked him what the matter was and he said that he had got a new girlfriend. My heart stopped beating for a second. I couldn't imagine him being with someone new. I felt sad and angry at that same time. I was not very sure why but it still hurt. It hurt because he wouldn't spend anymore time worrying about me or waiting for me in front of my dorm. I got uncomfortable talking to him and got up. I gulped and told him that I had something to do. My heart ached as I walked out of the store. I saw Ryan looking at me with a worried look from the corner of my eye. Tears started to build up as I walked back to the dorm. My mind was racing but I couldn't seem to understand why I cared about him so much. I wasn't even dating him and I had rejected him. I entered my room. The room was empty and there was silence all around. It was a beautiful day out so everybody was out. I slowly walked back to my bed and plopped on it. The tears came out that I had been storing. I cried for some time before falling asleep. I was tired of all the drama.