Chapter 12 - Does he like me?

I was too curious to let it go so I asked him again what the matter was. He shook his head and said that it was nothing important. I pouted and scrunched up my nose. He laughed at my foolishness. He said that all the guys were going for a drink in the evening to celebrate the starting of the movie. I asked if I could join. He shook his head in a no. After saying that he got up and picked up his jacket from the bed. I held his little finger but immediately let it go. He said that I could come when we were going to volunteer at the orphanage. As I was gonna grumble with him again, he cut me off. Opening the door, he gestured to me to go out. I got up and stamped my foot while walking out. I turned around and saw him smiling. I saw the director and the other guys crowding near the main gate. I ran to them and asked them if I could join them. Putting his hand on my head, he also shook his head in a no. One of the cameramen said from the back " Boys night". I put my hands on my waist and scrunched my nose. They smiled and left in their cars. Dan said bye and left too. Kabir was about to leave too when he gave me a slip of paper with something written on it. He asked me to come to the address if I wanted to join them. He jogged to his car. I shouted thank you from the back and he waved his hand. He got into the car and left. After he was gone, I looked closely at the slip of paper. It was the address of some place near the university. I had gotten a car more like a limo and a bodyguard to always keep me company. I headed back to the university in the car. I had asked the driver to always stop a little behind from my dorm. I did not want everyone seeing me and making a big fuss out of it. I headed to my dorm and got changed. I had some free time as the others still had their lectures. I lay on my bed reading a book. It was almost 4 in the evening when everybody was back. Natalie ran to hug me. They plopped on their beds as I told them about my day. They looked happy and I could see that on their faces. After talking for some time, I glanced at my watch. It was mid evening and I remembered that I had to go to the place where the guys had gone for a drink. I bid the others bye and headed towards the car. It was about a 20 minute drive from the university to the place. It was an elegant street with cars lining the roadside and tall buildings. I asked the driver to stop in front of the building named Chryseler. I walked to the front and as I was about to enter, a bulky guy stopped me and asked if I had a pass. Kabir did not tell me about any pass. I put my hands on my hips and bit my lower lip in frustration. I was still thinking what to do when Kabir walked down with his face bright red. He had drunk too much. He walked to the entrance and said that I was with him. As the guy saw Kabir, He bowed down. After checking my purse, he let me go in. I thanked him and went in. Kabir took me to a room that was more like a hall. I entered the hall to a surprising sight. All the guys were lying down, drunk. The room had a horrible stench. I walked to the sofa where Dan and the director were sitting (more like lying). The only person that was not drunk was the waiter and the assistants who were standing in a row in the corner. I asked them what had happened. They told me that all of them had had too much to drink and were asleep now. I asked them to take all of the people to the cars. I splashed water on the people who did not have an assistant. As they saw me, their face went pale and they immediately got up. I asked them if they needed somebody to take them home. They shook their heads in a no. After they wished me goodnight, they all left. After most of them had left, I asked Kabir's assistant to take him home. I went to wake Dan up to see him sleeping upside down. I smiled. I tried to wake Dan up but he wouldn't budge. I made him stand up and put his muscled arm around my neck. I walked him down to the gate. At first I thought if I should leave him with his assistant but he kept falling so I thought that it would be better if I accompanied him. After dismissing my driver for the day, I got into Dan's car with him. The car moved suddenly so Dan's which was leaning on the car seat fell on my lap. I gasped but I calmed down after knowing what had happened. He moaned something but I did not understand. He moaned a little louder and that is when I got to know what he was saying. He said that he liked me. I froze in my seat as I heard his assistant give a soft chuckle. I asked him if I heard that right. He nodded his head. That is when I understood. I asked his assistant to tell me more about it. At first he hesitated but then finally told me. He told me that Dan liked me. My eyes widened at his words. I couldn't believe it. Dan liked me. I did not say another word the whole time. I just sat there looking out of the window. It had started raining and there were drops on the glass window. I put my head on it. It felt cold. I sat like that for some time. We were about five minutes from the university, when Dan picked his head up and put it on my shoulder. He had already woken up but I was very happy so I did not tell him what had happened before.