Chapter 15 A nightmare

We walked down the road to one of the streets which had good restaurants. It was a windy night. Dan put my hoodie on to stop my hair from flying. I pulled it down but got a gaze from Dan. Timidly I put it on again. Soon we were seated in one of the chinese restaurants with eight tables. It was silent there. The only voice I could hear was the chef that was shouting orders in the kitchen. Both of them had made me sit on the other side of the table because Dan did not want me to sit with Ryan and Ryan did not want me to sit with Dan. Ryan started talking about his ice skating championship. Did I tell you that Ryan was called "God of ice"? He forgot everything when he was on ice. His moves aligned the music like he owned it. The national ice skating team was interested in taking him, he said. I clapped my hands together. I congratulated him. I told him that Natalie sings very well too. Dan's face gave an immediate reaction when I brought Natalie up. He asked if Natalie was Natalie Taylor, who was going to be one of the actresses in Dan's company. I froze at what he said. Natalie had not told me that before. I was shocked but happy. She was going to get a start to her career. We had dinner and left. I was so excited to ask Natalie all about it. After we were back at the university, I wished both of them goodnight and rushed back to the dorm. Entering the room I ran to Natalie's bed. Plopping down beside her I told her everything that Dan had told me. After I was done she shook her head kind of pleased. She told me that it was supposed to be a secret. As she had let me in on her secret, I said that I would let her in on mine. I told her that I liked Dan. The atmosphere got awkward when I mentioned Dan. She rubbed the back of her neck and asked me to go back to my bed. I was about to ask her what had happened but she pulled her blanket over her head. I quietly walked back to my bed. I lied down and pulled the red cozy blanket over my body. I faced the wall as I got lost in my thoughts. I suddenly realised something was not right. She got awkward when I talked about liking Dan. Not knowing when I drifted off to sleep. In the morning the sun had risen when I woke up and stretched myself.Remembering what had happened last night, I had no power or courage to wake Natalie up and ask what was going on. I did the things I did everyday and headed out of the dorm. My head was spinning. I took a walk around the garden. It was a Sunday morning so nobody was out that day. I put my hands in my pockets and kept on walking. I walked outside the university. My eyes were still heavy from all the thinking that I had done the last and my head was spinning. I touched my forehead and I realised that it was burning up. I turned around to go back to the university but a strong hand pulled me from the back by my hair. He pushed into a car and shut the door. I could not see very well as it was very dark inside. I twisted and turned while trying to free myself. He caught my neck in his big hands and slammed me against the glass window. I had no power but I tried to free myself from his strong grip. I felt another hand snake around my neck till my nose. That hand put a handkerchief on my nose. I calmed down. I started feeling dizzy and my eyes got tight shut. I stopped kicking anymore and just fell on the car seat. After that moment I did not see or feel anything. Everything faded out. When I opened my eyes again, I saw a guy towering over me shaking his hand over my head. Somebody shouted from the back that I was awake. I tried to rub my eyes that felt heavy. I couldn't move. I looked down to see myself tied up with ropes on a chair. I realised what was happening. There was too much going on in front of me. I tried to free myself but ended up falling over. As I lay on the ground, I saw a man walking towards me. He put his foot on my head and shouted at me like crazy. My head hurt so I squealed in pain. He screamed and told me to shut up. He picked me by the collar of my shirt and put the chair straight. I asked him to let me go and he kicked me in my stomach. I fell down again with my chair. He slammed my head against the wall and kept on kicking me again and again. I kicked my legs and tried to free myself again. He brought a bottle and shattered it on my wrist. I screamed in pain. I saw blood drip on the floor making it stained. The man was drunk and I could clearly see that. I sobbed quietly still lying upside down on the floor. A few minutes later, a guy came running and freed me from the ropes. I lay on the floor kicking my legs. He caught me by the collar and practically dragged me to a big room. He pushed me to a chair and held a gun on top of my head. I was soaked with my own blood. I shouted for help but he shot me in the head.