Chapter 3- Freshman Week

We got up to the loud sound of the alarm that was set up in every room. It was 8.30 in the morning. The dormitory had two rooms. One of them consisted of our wardrobes and study tables and the other one had our two bunk beds side by side. We had chosen the down part of our bunk beds. We dressed up and hurried to our canteen to grab some protein bars. We checked our timetable while hurrying to the class but Natalie and I did not have any classes together for today. My first class was international relations which was not very good for the first period of my first day but I could not do anything. After I reached the class, I was stared at as I walked up to one of the seats in the corner. I sat there all alone till some girls and guys came and joined me. I was too shy to start the conversation so I sat there looking at the board and waiting for the teacher to pass out our textbooks. One of the girls started introducing herself. Her name was Sara. Another was named Aria and the third one was Bianca. The two guys were Viktor and Albert. They all were in their second year, so technically they were all my seniors. After they were done,I introduced myself. After my first class was over, I headed to social sciences with Viktor and Bianca. It was a typical first day but something crazy happened and it shocked me. The students who were sitting in front of me were talking about a celebrity coming to our school for admissions very soon. His name was very long and complicated so I decided to call him Dan. As the day went on, we kept on hearing that he was one of the biggest models in the uk and he had starred in many movies with the top stars. Well I was not a very good fangirl those days but whenever I used to hear his name in the corridor, I got very excited and waited for him to come. After maybe a week the topic of Dan stopped getting any attention and everybody thought that it was a rumour. I think it was a Saturday when a black limousine pulled up in front of our school gate. It was very extra that we saw a limousine cause only the royalties could afford them in those days. Everybody started giving it attention and started crowding near the gate after which we heard our principal shout from his office window to make way for the car to come in.After the driver had parked the limousine in one of the corners of our huge court, the crowd started to clear up. Natalie and I were too interested to see who was inside so we stayed for a little longer. After the car was parked, three men in black suits came out of the car and headed to the principal's office. We were not allowed to go to the principal's office without getting a hall pass from our teachers. So the two of our roommates who had not come yet were supposed to be coming on Sunday.

We tried to make the room look in its best position because we were scared that they wouldn't like it if they were neat freaks but that did not happen. They were very nice and kind. One of them was Suzy and the other was Joy. They were from Canada and had come here for college. After we helped them unpack, we headed out for a snack and saw the three men we had seen before come out from the limousine. They were talking to our principal. We did not want to look like we were eavesdropping so we wished our principal and the three men and left the campus to get some drinks and maybe some snacks. It was a cold evening and not many people were in our favourite restaurant so we headed in. We got four caramel lattes and munched on some snacks. Suzy and Joy were very good friends from elementary school. At almost five in the evening we went back to the campus to see the limousine gone. We headed back to our dormitories as we were freezing because the temperature had dropped. We decided to have our dinner in the canteen and show Suzy and Joy around the school the next day. That night, as we headed to the canteen we could see a crowd formed up near one of the tables. One of the students who was a part of the crowd shouted "Jessica's here." As the crowd cleared I saw what the commotion was about. I was shocked when I saw the banner. By now you must know what was happening and if you still don't know I will tell you. My senior was proposing to me. His name was Ryan. He was in his senior year and was very popular. I was blushing so hard that someone could mistake for a tomato. Not sure what to do I stood there like a total idiot looking around. Mr. James, our calculus teacher came and cleared the crowd . I was relieved. As I sat down to eat, I could not avoid the stares of the students around me. I was so embarrassed that I headed back to our dormitory as soon as I finished my dinner. It was very awkward to be walking in the dormitory hallway with all the seniors congratulating me. I was very embarrassed. I slept late because I was thinking about what to say to Ryan.