Chapter 41 "She is Beautiful"

Jessica's pov

I looked at myself. It was the first time I felt like a real actor. I smiled at the person who had helped me get dressed. She smiled back and led me to the makeup room. Another set of ladies were waiting for me there. I sat down and they started again. One of them brushed my hair while the other plugged in the hair appliances. I wondered if this was how Dan felt while people were crowding around him. I remembered him telling me that he had started acting from a very young age. I wondered what he thought while he sat quietly when people worked their magic on him. I was still lost in thoughts when somebody called my name. One of the staff members was picking out jewelry for me. She had come up with a set of earrings and a necklace. There were blue gemstones covering the necklace with a silver lining turned to make flowers in man shapes. The earrings were made with silver and with the same blue gemstone dangling from it. There was a matching bracelet with the same gemstones but in a shape of a heart in the middle of it. She tested it to see if it matched my dress. Another lady had started straightening my hair. I sat there still worried if I trip in the middle of the carpet. The lady straightened my hair and pulled it up into a bun but while leaving two strands down. She took out my small hair and pressed them down to shape my face. After she was done securing the bun with many bobby pins, she put a little jewel in the middle of the updo. She took a curling iron and gave the two strands she had left down some loose curls. After doing my hair, she turned my chair towards her and put on the necklace. It was heavy and light at the same time. She popped the earrings on and slid in the bracelet. After everything was done, I slowly got up and turned to see the mirror. I looked at myself in disbelief. After giving the ladies a hug, I headed out of the room with Lizzie and one of the other ladies. I had been doing some breathing exercises all the time. I was scared that I would mess things up. It was exciting and nerve racking at the same time. After looking at myself one last time in amazement, I made my way down the long hallway. I walked down the starting hallway and walked in. Lizzie had left me long back. I saw Dan at the end of the hallway talking with the director. I wanted to capture his first glance. He turned around to face me as I held my breath. After a second, his unspoken words were clear. He stared at me with slightly parted lips. I smiled and walked towards him. Dan's and the director's was priceless. They both stared at me with amazement showing on their faces. As I got closer, Dan's eyes got bigger. I chuckled and gave him a tickle. He popped out of his bubble but I could still see the love in his eyes. I could see how his eyes told me I looked amazing. The director and Dan handed me their arms. I hooped both my arms through theirs. Suddenly I was not nervous. I had stopped shaking. I walked in the middle of the director and Dan. As we entered the room, I heard flashes and people shouting for us to look at them. I put on a smile and smiled at every camera I could spot. Dan squeezed my hand and smiled at me. He winked at me and I wondered if anybody had caught that moment. It was only made for me and I didnt want that wink for anyone else. After all the cast had gathered up on the stage, the reporters started asking us questions. I answered all of them remembering the good times. One of the questions really caught my attention. An old reporter asked me how I felt about entering the acting industry. I had thought about this question for a long time. It was a question that I thought about every night. The words flew out of my mouth like it was not a very big deal. The reporters seemed pleased with my answer as I found many of them giving me a satisfied smile. At the back of my head, I was still thinking about Dan handling all this at a very young age. I slightly turned my head and found him thinking of an answer to one of the questions. While he was still thinking one of the reporters asked Dan about how I looked. I snapped my head to see Dan's reaction. He was smiling as he answered, " She is beautiful." Our eyes met for a second. I could see the sincerity in his eyes. He gave me a smile and I smiled back. Tears filled my eyes as I looked him in the eyes. I got on my tiptoes and got close to Dan's ears. I whispered that he still owed me an explanation to him coming back early. He smiled in return and nodded his head. The reporters kept on asking questions and we answered them. We had a great time, I still wonder why I was so scared for that day. Everything went smoothly for the day. Everybody seemed to love listening to us behind the scenes. We earned many giggles from the reporters and the fans. I was happy that everything was great.