Sidekick Sadboy Hour Part Two; Mother-Hen Roy Harper

-Requested by the great WallyandDick -

-Happy Chanukah y'all!-

Roy banged on the door, Jason had told him to hurry over, but he wasn't sure why. Jason yanked the door open. "Hey, why'd you-"

"The kids are having a breakdown." Jason told him, holding the door open.

"Kids?" The redhead asked. "Like, plural?"

Jason nodded. "Dickie was having an emergency sleepover."

"Oh yeah," Roy recalled, following his boyfriend into the house and shutting the door after him. "I remember Wally mentioning it was his aunt and uncle's anniversary."

"Yeah." Jason lead him down one of the halls. "They were sitting in the living room, and spontaneously crashed together."

"...Huh?"

"You know when Sidekicks just break down and cry and stuff?"

"Oh no." Roy sighed. "How are they holding up?"

"Not too well, we're helping them cope." Jason lead him to the living room.

Roy peaked in. Wally lay on an air mattress, shoving ice cream in his mouth, and Dick was curled on the against Tim, and next to them...

He grabbed Jason's sleeve and yanked him back out of the door way. "Artemis is here?"

"Yep."

Roy groaned, pressing his palms into his eyes. "She's my replacement!" Roy exclaimed. 

"Well you know her more than me, Tim, and Demon combined!" Jason pleaded. "It's super awkward, we can comfort Dick and Wally, but we don't know her enough."

"Jay, I barely know her."

"Please?" Jason begged. "Demon went out on patrol, and Tim's going soon too! I need someone to help take care of them."

Roy sighed. "Alright, fine." The duo strolled back into the living room.

"Hey guys. "Jason called. "We've got someone here."

"Hey." Roy waved, as the kids turned to him. He noticed that all three of their faces were damp and glistening with sweat and tears. "How are you three holding up?"

Wally shakily raised his sleeve and tried to dry his sweat and tear drenched face. "Okay." He croaked.

Roy shrugged off his bag and strode over, fluffing up Dick's hair. "How bout you two?" 

Dick nodded tearfully. "Okay."

"Roy?" Artemis asked, her voice cracking. The girl was curled up by herself on the couch, gripping a pillow against her chest. She swallowed hard and cleared her throat. "What are you doing here?" She tried not to sound like she'd crying all evening.

"Jason called me. He didn't tell me why until I got here, though." He grumbled, throwing a glare at his boyfriend. 

"Why are you here?" Dick asked shyly. 

"Well," Roy reasoned turning to the boy. "I hear you three having a rough night." Wally shoved a big spoonful of ice cream in his mouth, nodding. "Do you? Do you want to talk about it?"

"No." Artemis replied, burying her face in the pillow. Now that Roy could see her better, he could see that the girl's hair was damp, the lower six inches or so had been died hot pink.