Fluffy Baby Drabbles

-all in the title, baby, let me know if you like this format-

Ages:

Damian - 12

Tim - 8

Jason - 6

Dick - 2

Day Trip

Dick did his best to put on his shirt. Bruce pulled it off and turned to around properly. Dick put up his arms and let his father slide the shirt on; a grey long-sleeved shirt with little white stars on it.

"Thnkyw." Dick mumbled. Speech wasn't his strong suit.

Bruce told him just how welcome he was, and helped him into his adorable overall shorts. Bruce was low-key jealous that his new baby had better clothes than him, Alfred knew how to style a toddler, for sure.

He helped Dick grab the comfort items he needed if they wanted to leave the house without a meltdown: his favorite stuffie, his pacifier and a pair of child headphones Bruce bought him which were handy for his anxious spells.

Dick was a sweet little child, but a traumatized one, he was very prone to seemingly spontaneous meltdowns, night terrors and seizing up (refusing to move/speak/respond to them). All this to say that after witnessing their three-year-old baby brother have multiple anxiety attacks, both his father and the older Wayne boys were a bit protective.

"Hey Dickie!" Jason waved, prompting his little brother to do the same. "You ready to go to the mall?" Dick nodded shyly, he wouldn't answer anyways because he had his pacifier in. "I'm gonna put on his shoes." Jason announced.

"Do you want Jason to help you put on your shoes?" Bruce asked. Dick nodded again, letting go of his hand and ambled across to his other brother, peanuts clutched against his chest. Jason sat on the floor and pulled him into his lap, giving him a gentle hug, as though he might break him.

"I'll pick his shoes then" Tim announced, Jason stuck his tongue out. Tim looked through the downstairs closet of the boys' shoes and jackets. He pulled out some brown velcro trainers. "These ones?"

Dick shook his head.

"Yeah come on, Tim, look at that colour scheme! That won't do!" Jason exclaimed, making Dick giggle a little.

"These?" He held out a pair of pink slip-ons covered in white hearts that Dick picked out himself from the girl's section.

Dick nodded enthusiastically.

"Duh! Those are perfect, right Dick? Those are stylish! Those are FASHIONABLE!"

Dick giggled, almost dropping his pacifier. Dick wasn't one of those kids who threw a fit about not getting to do it himself. After he lost his parents, he didn't really mind people taking care of him, it felt safe. He just clung onto Peanuts and watched Jason help him on with his shoes.

Next, Tim took them through half the closet until Dick decided on a jacket he wanted. The child psychiatrist said that encouraging Dick make little choices would help him redevelop independence. Tim would do anything to help Dick heal and get back to being a normal child.

Jason hyped Dick up as he wrestled on his jacket, completing his look. Dick adored Jason, he thought the older boy was hilarious.

"Come on, Damian's waiting in the car." Bruce called, smiling down at his boys as he shouldered on his jacket.

"Let's go, fashionista!" Jason swept Dick onto his back and raced out of the house, making the toddler shriek with excitement and fear.

Bruce almost hopped in the driver's  seat, he remembered that Dick needed to be buckled in, but Damian beat him to it.