Pride vs. The Press

-the ending is a little rushed, I just needed to update something for motivation-

-requested by disasterBi1st -

"It's a good deal: bring a pride flag, get free pancakes!" Wally said, rainbow flag draped around his shoulders like a cape.

"Where'd you get all these flags, Robin?" M'gann asked, twirling down the pavement with her various flags tied around shoulders and hips.

"We have next-day shipping." The boy replied, draped in a bi flag that seemed about twice his height.

"It's nice that people have policies to celebrate diversity." Kaldur said, holding his scrunched rainbow flag. He wasn't sure how to hold a flag without a flag pole. "It's very progressive."

"Sure, also: Free Pancakes!" Wally turned back to the two moodier teens lagging behind them. "Step up guys, gays walk fast!" 

"I'm just saying that the erasure of the original texts erases the point of the story!" 

"I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying that the musical of Jekyll and Hyde slaps!" Artemis exclaimed, scrunching up her lesbian flag and tying it around her pigtail.

"Fine, the music is good, but it's NOT ACCURATE to the original novel!" Conner argued back, Ace flag slung over his shoulder indifferently. "The original story has one personality split between two bodies, not two personalities in one body!"

"You're going to go on your Frankenstein rant now..."

"He is NOT 'Doctor Frankenstein', he dropped out of med school!"

"Guys! Step up!" Dick called. 

"NOT ALL VAMPIRES ARE TRANSYLVANIAN! IT JUST HAPPENS THAT COUNT DRACULA IS-"

"Guys?!"

"I NEVER CLAIMED THEY WERE! QUIT PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH!"

"HURRY UP!" Dick called, feeling a familiar feeling creeping up his spine. When you're adopted by controversial a rich man, and a celebrity from age eight onwards, you gain an ability to sense when you've been noticed in public. You can spot a reporter approaching a mile away.

Though it also didn't help that they were currently outside the Gotham Gazette. 

"Alright, I want pancakes!" Wally grabbed their arms and gave a tug. 

"Excuse me?" The teens jolted from being approached, turning to face the person approaching them. "You're the league's sidekicks! Can I have the quote for the Gotham Gazette-" The woman froze. "What's with the flags?" 

"We're allowed to own flags." Dick said quickly. "Come on!" He tried to lead his friends away.

"WAIT!" The woman quickly, wrestling a recorder from her bag. "okay. Does the justice league know about this? Do they approve of homosexuality?"

They all looked generally confused. "This doesn't mean homosexuality." Conner stated, confused, slinging the flag off his shoulder. "This means Asexuality."

"Don't talk to the press." Dick said. 

"Why?"

"What does 'the press' mean?" M'gann whispered to Wally.

"Newspaper reporters." Wally replied.

"They hound you for information and post it as far as possible so you have no privacy." Dick muttered under his breath.

"It will only take a few minutes." The woman asked, slithering towards them with curiosity. "So, What's with the flags?"

"They're pride flags."