Blizzard

-My brother lives seven hours away and woke up this morning (October 25th)  to a foot of snow... Whoo Canada! Our country sucks!-

-Didn't mean to make this so long, but I'm procrastinating on my homework-

Ages:

Damian - 17

Tim - 13

Jason - 9

Dick - 5

"Get out!" Damian angst-ed as Jason pushed his door open. After a few seconds of silence, the eldest brother impatiently pulled off his headphones. "What?"

"It's snowing." Jason said, eyes glowing with excitement.

Damian scoffed. "Leave me alone. And close the door!"

Jason carefully left the door ajar, and hurried to Tim's room. "Tim! It's snowing!" He exclaimed, shoving Tim's door open.

"Hmm?" Tim pulled out his earbud. "What?"

"IT. IS. SNOWING." The boy yelled.

"Oh, awesome!" Tim remarked, excited on his little brother's behalf. "I bet Dick will be excited too."

Jason frowned. "Yeah. Maybe." Why did everyone always have to make it about his stupid little brother? Dick wasn't even at home yet! Bruce had to bring him along to a JL meeting since he 'didn't trust them after last time' and 'didn't want scissors anywhere near Dick's face again'.

"Well he'll be back soon, you can show him." Tim suggested. 

"Tim, he won't understand!" Jason argued. "He's too little!"

"He's not that little, Jay, he'll get it."

"Whatever. You can't have real fight with him." Jason moped.

Tim sighed. Pausing the youtube video he'd been listening to. "Well, maybe we can ambush Demon tomorrow if you want."

"Really?"

"Maybe." Tim reiterated. "I'm super busy this weekend, I'll try to make time."

"Fine, just... do it before the snow melts!" Jason slammed Tim's door shut. Whatever, even if he wasn't the youngest Wayne kid anymore, at least they had snow this winter. That was something.

Jason trailed downstairs and stared out one of the the living rooms window. The snow had picked up, and was practically a blizzard. The winter had been on the colder side because of climent change. That's what Tim said at least.

Jason had spent the last week trailing behind Bruce, trying to convince him to provide more dry clothes and jackets to the overwhelming homeless population in Gotham. Bruce hadn't done it yet, he barely even slept, overwhelmed by the new child in the house.

Thats another reason Jason didn't like his new younger brother, the kid distracted Bruce from everything. Their father was up all night with the kid and patrol, he spent at least half the day carrying the kid since he had really bad separation anxiety... He never got anything done anymore!

Jason shook out his head, refusing to let that ruin the night for him, even though he couldn't look at the snow without the voice in the back of his head screaming that there were people were dying out in that ice.

He tried to ignore his guilty conscience and intrusive thoughts, and ran to the foyer to pull on his boots. He had a favorite pair of shoes that he usually wore in all weather, even snow, but Alfred had made it very clear that he wasn't allowed to wear them everyday this winter. It was the same thing with jackets. He'd been formally ordered to wear layers outside.