Boys in Trouble (Part One)

-This ended up being longer than I expected. and more intense lol. Terry shows up in the next part I promise.-

Terry - 26

Damian - 18

Tim - 16

Jason - 14

Dick -  9

Bruce sat down in front of the lit fireplace, exhausted. Work and children were insanely tiring, not to mention that he still had to go on patrol, and...

Bruce didn't remember lighting a fire.

He sprung forwards and grabbed one of the fire extinguishers, experience had taught him to have more than one on hand, and doused the flames.

Within half an hour, Tim, Jason and Dick were assembled in a line of chairs in the batcave, their father pacing in front of them. 

"So... I thought it would be easy to deduce who lit the fire by what they were burning. so I did my best to repair some of the kindling, and it looks like you all have something to hide."

The boys glanced at each other anxiously. "Bruce, I don' know anything about this, I swear," The eldest of the trio proclaimed. "I thought you lit the fire." 

"Me too!" Jason added quickly. He kicked Dick's ankle.

"Me too."

Bruce sighed a little. "Well, if you won't admit to it, lets look at our evidence." He pulled up several charred pieced of paper that had been digitally reassembled. "a withdrawal from my credit card for eighty dollars. a sheet I was supposed to sign to show I'm aware that Jason's failing math. and Dick, you didn't have to burn it, I'd love to be a parent chaperone on your fieldtrip."

The youngest brother hung his head in shame. "I didn't burn it though. I put it in the recycling."

"Same."

"Same. I thought I  tore up and recycled that bank statement!" Tim said. Admitting to having stolen money wasn't nearly as dangerous as lighting a fire in this household.

"What's the big deal anyways? It's a FIREPLACE. That's where the fire's are supposed to be." Jason grumbled. "Who cares if Tim lit a fire in there."

"Me? Jason set the fire! He dug up and burnt our stuff to frame us!"

"Tim, you think I'm smart enough to come up with that?" Jason spat back.

"Okay, boys." Bruce stopped them. "I have to go on patrol, so who was it?"

"...Dick's being pretty quiet." Jason observed.

Dick scowled. "I didn't do it! I wouldn't risk burning down the manor!"

"Really?" Jason replied. "Between burning down the manor and dying of embarrassment, which would you choose? really?"

"I told you! I was going to recycle it! Burning it is so over-the-top! something that only you or Tim would think up!" 

"I'm over the top?" Tim asked, eyeing his youngest brother, who was raised IN A CIRCUS. "Jason has a history of lighting illegal fires!"

"ILLEGAL! There's no fun in lighting one in a fireplace!"

"BOYS!" Bruce shouted over the bickering. "You're all going to your rooms and NO ONE is coming out until I know who did it."

"But-"

"No. Upstairs!" Bruce sighed, watching the boys scurry away. Honestly! They could've burnt the house down! What were they thinking? He tried to open the batcomputer to see if there was anywhere he was to check tonight.