Chapter 22: One more day

Start from the beginning

Lorelai was standing there holding a gift in her hand. "This just arrived for the happy couple." She handed it to Tristan and he walked over to Rory. 

Tristan handed it to Rory. She looked at it and opened the present. It was a basket that included all her favorite movie snacks, a few gift cards, a couple of the first edition books, and a couple of her favorite movies. 

"Who is it from baby?"

"I don't know but these gift cards are for a lot of money." She found a card at the bottom of it. "It's from Logan." 

The card read.
 Congratulations on your wedding Ace and Tristan. I wish you both a lifetime full of happiness. Ace, I want to apologize for my actions. I know we have drinks planned for after your wedding and I would still like to keep those plans. I just needed to send this to you. I am really sorry for everything I have done in the past and present. I messed up our relationship failed because of me and for that, I will always live with the regret of losing you. I am really sorry about New Year's I was upset because we weren't invited and I knew you were. I know Tristan really loves you I could see the look on his face when I saw him at his school. I am going to leave you alone. I promise I will not speak to you about our past. I know the guys are in your wedding and I know they love you. Can we please try to be friends? I really would like to be friends because I would like to have you in my life any way I can and if friends is the only way then I will do it. I am looking forward to seeing and Tristan next week. Congratulations again Forever and always Logan. 

Tristan read the card. "Do you think we can trust him? I think it would be nice for you and him to be friends. I am leaving that up to you. The only thing I am going to say is that you can't meet him alone I don't trust him."

"That will never happen. I may try to be friends just so when we happen to see each other at social events but it's not like I am going to be meeting up with him or them every week. I don't think he and I can ever be like the guys and me."

Tristan came over and wrapped his arms around her shoulders. "I love you, Mare. Now, we should really get going before your grandma's come looking for us." He kissed her on the forehead and they walked out of the room.

They arrived at the church and finished the rehearsal. They were heading back to The dragonfly for their rehearsal dinner that Sookie had been preparing. 

After dinner, Rory had to go to her childhood home and Tristan didn't want to let her go. "Baby, I don't want you to leave. I say we just ignore this one tradition. I mean we have already slept together and you are pregnant."

"I know baby I don't want to be away from you either. My bridesmaids are not going to listen. Mom is planning a movie night. I can't wait until tomorrow. I love you, Tris." She kissed him goodbye.

"I will be waiting at that altar for you."

"I will be the one in white." She smiled as the girls pulled her away and the guys were pulling him in the other direction.   

"Come on Mate it is one night. We are going back to the Inn and going to have a few drinks. Bye love have a good night."

"Boys take care of my fiancé. He better be at the church tomorrow on time and in one piece."

"He will we promise," they all yelled and took off running.   

Later that evening, Rory was laying in her room and she decided she needed to see Tristan. She sent him a text.

  Hey baby, can you meet me at the gazebo in ten minutes? R

  Of course baby. Is everything okay? T

  Yes, everything is fine. See you in a few. R xoxo

He slipped some pants on and some shoes on. Grabbed his jacket and left the room he was worried she had changed her mind. 

She grabbed a couple of blankets and threw her jacket on and left her mom's house. She walked to the gazebo. They both arrived at the same time. She sat on the bench and patted the seat beside her. She then laid the blankets over both of them.

"Is everything okay? You have me a little worried Mare. I hope you haven't changed your mind." He looked at her with a worried look on his face. His brow was creased on his forehead with worry lines. 

Rory grabbed his hand, "Tristan I wanted to meet with you one last time as me being Rory Gilmore. I was missing you and I thought you and I deserved a few minutes alone. I have no intentions of changing my mind ever. I love you, Tristan. I am sorry I had you worried, I just wanted no I needed to see you."

Tristan grabbed her face and held her, he leaned in and kissed her so passionately. "I love you too Mare. I am glad you called because I needed to see you too." He wrapped his arms around her. They sat out there talking and laughing until Rory was frozen and drifting off to sleep. 

"I think it is time for you to go to bed, my bride. We will be married in twelve hours. I am going to walk you home to be sure to make it home safely and then return to my room." He held her hand and wrapped the blankets around her. 

He walked her up to the porch and kissed her a soft gentle kiss. "I will see you in a few hours when we get married. I love Rory Gilmore. Thank you for tonight. It really meant a lot to me that you cared enough to sit outside in the cold to talk. Sleep well babygirl." He kissed her again and headed off to return to The Dragonfly. 

They both lay in separate beds and drifted off to sleep dreaming of the other and their life that lay ahead.