Chapter 39: Getting back to normal

A/N: I want to sincerely thank each and every one of my readers I have had 28,000 people read this story. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Make sure you follow me so you can stay up to date with any new stories I publish. I do not start a new story until the current story I am writing is completed. I do read and respond to all comments at least I try, Love Crystal.

Rory's POV:

I can't believe we have been able to sleep all night for the last three weeks. Michael goes to sleep around nine and doesn't wake up until around seven or eight. Tristan and I are finally feeling more rested. 

Michael can now sit up unassisted, and roll over, he is starting to crawl a little, and he can hold his own bottle now. He has four teeth and is on target for his age in height and weight. 

Tristan and I are doing really well. Our marriage is perfect and we have just about learned all the parenting tricks. We are a team and we are still madly in love. 

Tristan's POV:

Rory and I are really happy and our son is growing every day. I am happier than I have ever been and that is all thanks to my better half my wife. She is so supportive and we are two halves that make each other whole.

Michael is growing so fast. I can't believe he is six months old now. He is trying to crawl and can sit up on his own. 

Rory says he is my mini-me but I see so much of her in him. He is our baby created from passion and love. He loves watching cartoons so he and I do that every day and I am trying to get him to talk. He said mama and dada. 

He can wave goodbye but when he does it he holds his hand facing himself. I swear it is the cutest thing ever. He holds his hands up when he wants to be held. 

I love watching Rory with our son. We both sit on the floor and have playtime together as a family. Those are my favorite times just, Rory, Michael, and myself playing on the floor. 

I never knew I could feel this much love, appreciation, and protectiveness before as I do for those two people. I love my wife and my son more than life. They are my entire reason for breathing every day.    

He watches as Rory is reading to Michael. He stands there smiling and admiring the woman he is lucky enough to call his. 

Rory looks up and smiles at Tristan. "Look Michael there's daddy. Say dada. Can you blow daddy kisses?"

"Daaadaa." Michael places his hand to his mouth and then lays his hand open. 

"Those are the best kisses, Mikey. Daddy loves you too buddy. Are you having fun reading with mommy?" Tristan asked as he sat down beside his wife. 

Michael shook his head and moved toward his dad. Tristan picked him up, hugged him, and kissed him on the cheek.

He held him and pulled Rory under his arm. "I love my family." He leaned down and kissed Rory. 

"Michael let's listen to the rest of the story mommy is reading." Rory finished the story. Michael had passed out so Rory took him to bed and grabbed the baby monitor.

"So, what would you like to do for dinner tonight? I laid out the chicken so we can have chicken alfredo, chicken noodle soup, or baked chicken breast. Which do you prefer?"

"Um, baked chicken breast sounds really good with carrots, asparagus, and rolls. Can we do that?"

"Sure. What my wife wants my wife gets."

"I love you Tristan Dugray. I can make the carrots and asparagus. I will even mash some up for Michael and give him tiny bites of chicken. He loves eating with us."

"Yes, he does. I can't believe he is six months old already. It seems like yesterday we were having our housewarming party and you went into labor. I love you Rory Dugray." He pulled her to him and kissed her.

"You know he is down for a nap maybe we can make love really quick and then start our dinner?" He wiggled his eyebrows at her seductively.

She leaned in and kissed him as she pushed him toward the couch.  He sat down on the couch and she straddles him.  She was kissing his neck and he was removing her shirt. He threw it on the ground. 

She pulled his shirt over his head and threw it behind the couch. He was kissing her breasts and sucking on her neck. 

Just then the door opened and Lorelai screamed, "Oh my god. I am so sorry guys. I should have knocked. I will just go and let you finish."

Rory grabbed her chest and covered it up. Tristan grabbed a pillow and threw it over his lap. 

"Mom give us a minute but don't leave." Lorelai walked out still covering her eyes.

Tristan smiled and said, "well we just got busted. I am going to run up and take a cold shower. I will be back in a few." He kissed Rory and headed up the stairs. 

Rory grabbed her shirt and put it back on. She straightened her hair and fixed the couch. Then walked to the door.

"Hey, mom sorry we weren't expecting you. Please come in."

"Is Tristan okay? I am really sorry Ror, I just didn't expect you two to be getting down and dirty on the couch at this time of the day."

"He's fine he has gone to take a cold shower and we weren't really expecting anyone today. Michael just laid down for his nap and well we kissed and one thing lead to another and we ended up on the couch."

"I must say you got a good one, good looks, caring, good husband, good father, and a decent package down below." She wiggled her eyebrows at Rory. 

"Yes, mom my husband is very well endowed. Now can we please stop talking about this? It is really embarrassing. So what brings you by?"

"I just decided to drop in and see my favorite daughter, son-in-law, and grandson. I was in Hartford and thought I would surprise you but trust me next time I will be sure to call."

"I am your only daughter mom and Tristan is your only son-in-law which is the reason Michael is your only grandson." She laughed at her mom. 

Tristan came down the steps and sat beside Rory. "Hello, Lorelai. I apologize for what you saw and for taking off."

"Hey, Tristan. I was the one who barged in unannounced and I completely understand. I am sorry for interrupting you. I do have to say nice size."

Tristan blushed a deep shade of red. Lorelai and Rory laughed.

Rory is a very lucky woman.  She got the whole package as you are good-looking, caring, a good husband, a good father, and a nice package."

"Well, I think I am the lucky one to have her love me. She makes everything better in this life. Now let's not talk about my package anymore, please. Lorelai, we were about to make dinner. Would you care to join us?" 

"Sure if I won't be an imposition. I want to see my grandson."

"He should be up in about thirty minutes if you don't mind waiting."

"No, then I can sit here and visit my favorite daughter and son-in-law." They sat there and talked until they heard Michael making blubbering sounds from the baby monitor.

"May I?" Asked Lorelai.

They both smiled and shook their heads. She ran up the stairs and they could hear her on the baby monitor. 

"Hey, there my handsome grandson. I caught mommy and daddy in the middle of how they created you. Maybe they will make you a sister soon. Let's change your diaper. There we go all done. Let's go see mommy and daddy." 

They walked downstairs and she was watching how great of a couple Rory and Tristan were. They were cooking and laughing. I am so glad she found someone who loves her and someone she loves like she does Tristan. She thought to herself. 

Rory made tater tots for her mom because her mom doesn't eat vegetables at all. They sat down and enjoyed dinner. Michael was loving the carrots Rory mashed for him.  

After dinner, Lorelai went to bathe Michael while Rory and Tristan cleaned up the kitchen.