Chapter 44: Moving on is hard

Rory was brought back into their room. She was awake and crying. Tristan and Lorelai both walked over to her bed and sat on each side.

"Baby, you have a strong support group. You are not alone, I am here, and your mom. All our friends and your grandmas. Everyone sends their love and sympathies for our loss. I don't know a lot right now about what to do or say or really anything but the one thing I do know is you and I are in this together and we will get through this together." He leaned down and kissed her head.

"Thank you, baby. I know this was our baby and we both lost it. I also know we will get through this together, we have to we have a son at home who needs both of us. I love you, Tristan."

"I love you, Mare more than you will ever know or understand. You are my other half without you I don't think I could survive. I need you like I need air to breathe."

Rory smiled and Lorelai watched this exchange between husband and wife, her daughter and son-in-law. This is what marriage is about being together and supporting each other no matter what. Loving each other through the good and the bad parts that life hands us.

"Alright, you two are so sickeningly cute. You both should do a marriage video this is what marriage should be like. Now, I hate to bring this up right now but plans have to be made. What funeral home do you both want to use?"

"The same one Grandma Emily used for Grandpa."

"Alright, where do you want to bury the baby? As well as when do you want to have the funeral?"

"Rory, can we bury the baby in my family cemetery?"

"Yeah, Tristan I didn't realize you have a family cemetery. Is this where we would be buried as well?"

"It is if that's okay with you. Our family has a small cemetery close to where Richard is buried. There is no cost for burial because we own the entire cemetery. We can bury the baby right at our head so when we pass we will all be together."

"I like the thought of that. Yes, that is where we will bury our baby. Okay. Do you already have the burial spots placed or do we need to go and pick where we would be buried?"

"No, we would have to stop by and choose the area we want to be buried and for the tombstone, we can buy a Triple headstone and have our date of birth and names placed before, and once we pass then they will come out and inscribe our date of death. So, at least that will be taken care of for our children when our time comes many, many years from now."

"Lorelai, Rory I think we need to do the funeral the day after tomorrow. I think Rory needs some rest. Does that sound okay, baby?"

"Yes, Tristan it does. The doctor should be in shortly to let us know the gender of the baby so we can name our baby."

"Alright, I am going to step out into the hall and make the arrangements with the funeral home. I will be right outside if either of you needs anything. Do you need anything from the cafeteria right now?"

"No, I am fine right now mom. Tristan, do you need anything?"

"No thank you, Lorelai I am fine right now. Also, let the funeral home know that Finn and the guys are taking care of the costs. He asked me when I called him to let him know we had lost the baby to allow them to take care of the expenses for the funeral services."

"I figured but we can really do this on our own. We are buying the headstone. Mom, find out what the services will entail. Like what do we need to pick out? Tristan, I need you to go to the house and get me some clothes."

"Nope, I am not leaving you. Mom and dad are stopping by the house and getting your stuff. I hope you don't mind but I threw your pants and underwear away."