Chapter 42: A big surprise

A/N: I am adding two bonus chapters that weren't in my original storyline. Just figured they needed a little more drama.

Three months later:

Tristan's POV:

I wake up and hear Rory throwing up. I climb out of bed and walk into our bathroom. She is leaning over the toilet dry heaving. 

I grab a wet washcloth and place it on her neck. I rub circles on her back and hold her hair back. She isn't running a fever so I wonder if the takeout we ordered last night didn't sit well.

"Thank you, Tris. I woke up just really sick. I don't know if it was something I ate or if I am coming down with something but I don't want to be around Michael until I know." She sat her back against my legs on the cold tile floor.

"That's fine baby, I understand. I will take care of Michael today and I want you to rest in the bedroom. I will bring you anything you need."

I held my hand out to help her off the floor. She walked to the sink and brushed her teeth. We walked back to the bedroom and she laid back down. We went back to sleep until I heard my little man blabbering into the monitor.

"Mama, dada, mommy, daddy. I need to be changed. I hungry."

I slowly get out of bed and make my way to the nursery. There is Michael standing up in his crib watching the door. A huge smile comes across his face when he sees me. This makes every day and every struggle worth it just to see him smile. 

"Hey, there buddy. So you need a dry diaper and you are hungry?"

"Hey, daddy. Yes, can I have some panakes and nanas today please?"

"You sure can little man. Did you sleep good bud?"

"Uh-huh. I slept great. I love you, daddy." He places his hand on my cheek.

"I love you too buddy. Now let's change this diaper and go make some breakfast." 

I change his diaper and put a clean onesie on him for the breakfast. We head downstairs to make breakfast. I sit him in his highchair and start the pancakes. I cut him up some bananas and set them on the tray with his sippy cup of orange juice. 

"Where's mommy?"

"Mommy is not feeling well today so it's just going to be you and daddy today little man."

"Okay, give mommy kisses from me and tell her I love her."

"I will definitely do that for you buddy. That will make mommy's day."

I set his pancakes on a plate and cut them up then put them down on his tray. I fixed Rory some coffee, ginger tea, and orange juice with some bananas and one pancake. 

"I am going to go give this to mommy, you eat your pancakes and daddy will be back in just a few moments okay buddy."

"Okay, daddy." He said with a mouthful of pancakes. I laughed as I went to our room. 

"Hey, baby. I made you some coffee, ginger tea, and orange juice with some bananas and a pancake to see if you can eat it. Michael said to tell you he loves you and give you a kiss from him." I lean in and give her a kiss. 

"He's such a sweet boy. Tell him those were the best kisses and I love him too. Thank you baby you are so good to me."

Rory's POV:

I sit up and grab the cup of coffee and it smells horrible. I can feel my stomach turn. I jump up and run to the bathroom. Tristan is right behind me.