Chapter 29: Getting ready for our bundle of Joy

They arrived home and Rory went straight to bed.  She was worn out from the morning and the flight. Tristan helped her get in bed and kissed her good night. 

Rory's POV:

The entire trip was relaxing. Tris really helped me not think so much of how much weight I have gained or will gain and just be happy that our baby is healthy. 

I felt the baby kick and I smiled as I felt him kicking around. We did decide on a name and I am happy with it. 

We have to get the nursery done and finish the shopping. Tristan says we need to wait until the baby shower. His friends are coming back in for the shower I think. I hope they make it back.

I know Tristan has gotten close to my friends but I am sure he would like to have his friends there with him to celebrate. They were all so nice and welcoming and kept telling me all of the stories of military school and his Mary stories. 

I slowly drift off to sleep thinking about my wonderful husband and how great our honeymoon was. He was or is so good to me every day. 

Tristan's POV:

I help Mare to bed she is worn out from our day and the flight. I kiss her good night and head to the living room. 

I start checking my emails and I have an email from the Dean's office at Columbia. I am a little worried. I know it's too late to call tonight but I will call first thing tomorrow. It's Friday and they will be in the office. 

I start to do a little party planning with Lorelai by text. We have the date set for the shower and have decided where it will be held. Now Sookie will make the food and cake we just have to do the invitations and the guest list. 

We are hoping to surprise Rory. We are planning on having the shower in three weeks. I already talked to Bryan, Scott, and Ray they won't be able to make it but they will attend by zoom. They will be sending their gifts to Lorelai's. 

I just hope Rory likes the shower. Lane has been helping with the decorations and stuff for the party. 

I yawn and realize how tired I am as well. We walked around the area before we headed out. I am planning to keep our daily routine of going to the coffee shop on the corner before classes. Mare loves their bagel sandwiches.

I head to our bedroom and strip my clothes off and slip into bed beside my wife. I pull her into my arms and drift off to sleep listening to her breathing. 

Rory's POV:   

I wake up and feel my husband's arms wrapped around me. I smile at how comfortable I feel in his arms. 

Then realize I really need to use the bathroom and easily slip out of his arms and go to the bathroom. 

I brush my teeth and wash my face. I come back into our bedroom and smile at how sexy and peaceful he looks lying there in bed asleep. 

He stirs a little and barely opens his eyes and sees me looking at him. A huge smile comes across his face and he holds his hand out. 

I walk over to his side of the bed. He slides over and I lay down beside him. He wraps his arms around me and just holds me. 

"Good morning my beautiful wife. Were you watching me sleep?" He whispered in her ear.  

"Yes, I was admiring how sexy and peaceful you looked sleeping. I am sorry I didn't mean to wake you."

"Baby I woke up when you wiggled out of my arms and went to the restroom. I just had my eyes closed."

"Well, I am still sorry for waking you up. I had to pee your child has been laying on my bladder." She busted out laughing.