Chapter 34: Our fresh start

Tristan slowly opens his eyes and feels Rory laying on his chest. He looks down and smiles. This is such a great life he thinks to himself. 

He rubs his hand up and down her arm and he pulls her closer to him. He loves her intoxicating scent she smells like strawberries and vanilla. 

Rory slowly stirs and opens her eyes. She looks up at her husband and smiles. I love waking up in his arms every morning. She snuggles closer to him as she inhales his scent of sandalwood and Calvin Klein cologne. 

"Good morning beautiful."

"Good Morning handsome."

"So what do we have planned to do today?"

"Nothing but relax. I got all the books unpacked and the movers unpacked everything else. I can't believe we have been in our new home for two weeks. I have had you all to myself for two whole weeks."

"I know and it feels so good. I may never go back to work again. I love being able to stay at home with you. I keep waiting to have to go back to school. I am not going to work until maybe mid-summer next year. I want to spend as much time as I can with you and Michael once he is born."

"I am so happy that you decided to stay home for a little while with me and the baby. I am really scared to become a mom. I mean I don't even know how to take care of a baby. How are we going to take care of our son?"

"Hey baby, calm down. I promise we will get through this I mean I am a little scared of being a parent myself. You had a great mother and so did I they will help us figure this out. You are going to be an amazing mother to our son. I just hope I can be a decent father."

"Oh baby, you are an amazing husband and I know you are going to be a great father. I know you will always be there for me and our son. That is the only thing that matters to me is, that you are here beside me."

"I will always be here. I will never leave you or our kids. You are stuck with me for life baby girl." He leaned down and kissed her. "I love you forever and ever, you are and will always be the only woman for me."

"I love you Tristan and you are the only man for me now and forever. I need breakfast our son is hungry. Feel how much he is kicking." 

Tristan placed his hand on her stomach and smiled at her as he felt his son kick. "Hey, there buddy daddy is going to make you and mommy some breakfast. So, will you be good for mommy while daddy cooks some breakfast?" He kissed her stomach and helped her up.

He fixed chocolate chip pancakes, bacon, and eggs. He sat her plate in front of her and handed her a glass of orange juice. 

He sat down beside her and they ate their breakfast. He watched her as she took each bite and smiled because she was enjoying her breakfast.

"Why are you looking at me like that for?"

"I just love to watch my wife eat. I love seeing your enjoyment with each bite."

"Your cooking is so good. Me and Michael are enjoying daddy's breakfast. Huh, buddy?"

Just then the baby kicked. "See I told you we are both enjoying breakfast."

After breakfast, they lay down on the couch and watched tv. She had organized the nursery before they moved in. She really loved the decorations we chose for the nursery. 

Two days later:

Tristan woke up to sweat on his chest. He realized Rory was running a fever and was shivering. He got up and grabbed the thermometer.

"Rory baby, I need you to wake up for me. Baby, we need to check your temperature you are burning up."

"I don't want to get up. Tristan everything hurts." She reluctantly sat up and he put the thermometer in her mouth.