Chapter 8: Mr. Toad's wild ride

Rory was going to Stars Hollow to work at the Gazette. She had received several calls and texts from Logan but just ignored them. 

He is marrying Odette and I am happy with Tristan. This is a fresh start for me and Tristan. I guess I need to block his number. 

Tristan was up cooking breakfast when she walked out of her room. She smiled. "What smells so good? Good morning boyfriend." She filled a cup full of coffee and smelled the aroma. Then took a huge sip. 

"Breakfast for my beautiful girlfriend. Good morning Mary." He kissed her. "I am going to miss you tonight." He chuckled as he watched her smell her coffee.

"I am going to miss you too but I will be home by dinner time tomorrow night." She sat at the bar as he placed a plate in front of her with chocolate chip pancakes, eggs, and bacon.

"You sure know the right way to a Gilmore girl's heart through her stomach and you fixed my favorite pancakes. I am impressed Mr. Dugray." She smiled at him. 

It was the smile that made his heart flutter. "I am glad you like it and I do listen to what you say and figured out these were your favorite. I am glad my evil plan is working." He rubbed his hands together and had a malicious smile on his face. Then he just started laughing. 

"So, are you going to tell Lorelai about our relationship?"

"I don't know probably not. I just really want to stay in our own little bubble right now without hearing her moan and complain about you being a member of society and how she thought I was through with that life after Logan and I split. I don't want to deal with any of her negativity right now."

"I understand baby. Why don't we invite her down in a couple of weeks and maybe take her to a nice dinner? She and Luke can stay here in the other guestroom."

"Are you sure you want to have my mom in your loft? She will judge everything. I mean Luke will make her behave but I just want to make sure you are really ready for that." 

"I am from society but I don't really do many of the society parties. I think it will give us a chance to meet and for her to form a formal decision on who I am now not who I was at Chilton. Yes, I am really okay with this and I am sure."

"Okay just remember I warned you. I will extend the invitation tonight for not this weekend but next. I really want to spend this weekend with my boyfriend."

"I love to hear you say that. That sounds good I will make reservations and I will charm your mom and Luke." He kissed her on the cheek.

She finished eating and went back to her room to shower and got dressed. Once she finished she walked out of her room.

Tristan was standing there waiting on her to come out of her room. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her to him. She buried her head in his chest as he buried his in her hair. He kissed her on the nape of her neck.

She pulled back and kissed him a soft and gentle kiss at first. Then her kiss became hungrier. Tristan pulled away. 

"Mare you have to go and I don't want to start something we don't have time to finish. I would really like to take this slow and trust me this is hard for me to say. Because I really, really want you. I also want to be respectful and show you that you are more to me than just a conquest."

"I know. I'm sorry. I can't promise how long I will be able to wait but I will try to respect your wishes on taking it slow. I will see you tomorrow evening. I will text you when I arrive to let you know I made it safely."

"Okay Mare, I can't wait to see you. I am going to take you out for dinner. Have fun with your mom." He kissed her one more time as he walked her to the door. He watched her walk to the elevator she waved as she stepped on and turned around.