Chapter 33: Graduation day

Mature content: 

Today Tristan would graduate from Columbia University and tomorrow we will make our move to Hartford for good. 

Tristan was dressed in a black suit with a light blue shirt that almost matched his cap and gown. He looked hot dressed in his suit. 

Rory was wearing a light blue dress that Tristan had bought her. It had a v shape on the back with a sweetheart neckline and mid-length it fluffed out around her abdomen which left room for the baby and fit tight on her curves.

She paired it with silver high heels and a silver clutch purse. Tristan stood there admiring his wife. She was so beautiful and she didn't even realize it.

They left the apartment and Tristan locked the door. They walked hand in hand down to the limo. He helped his wife in and then got in behind her. 

When they arrived at the graduation, Luke and Lorelai were already there with his parents. He walked her over to where they were sitting. He kissed her and then walked off to the lineup area.

He was so happy that they would be living in their new house tomorrow. Starting their new chapter and their baby would be here in six weeks. 

Rory sat there with their parents. She was talking to her mom and telling her that they had packed everything up but the essentials. Poptarts, coffee, and personal items. 

"Rory dear, do you have plans after the ceremony? We would love to take everyone out to eat." Diane asked. 

"We were planning on going out to eat but we didn't make reservations anywhere. We weren't sure where we wanted to go, the baby is sometimes indecisive. We can discuss that with Tristan after the ceremony." She replied as she laughed rubbing her stomach.

"Sure dear, that sounds fine. How is everything going with the baby and your marriage? Tristan told me you are moving to Hartford tomorrow." Diane asked.

"Yes, we are. I am the heiress to two Hartford families and they allowed me to stay in New York with Tris until he graduated and then I have to attend board meetings and such. We are excited to start our new life in our home."

"That's good dear. You are good for Tristan. He changed into a better person after he met you at Chilton. I am very proud of the man he has become."

"Me too Diane."

"So Rory, you are taking over your grandfather's insurance company, is that correct?" Michael asked.

"No, not exactly I was named the Gilmores heiress but I attended Yale for journalism, not Law or economics. I will be on their boards and make important decisions but not running their companies."

"I knew your grandfather he was a good man. I actually knew both of your grandfathers they were both good men but Richard and my father Janlon worked together for years. We attended his funeral I am really sorry for your loss."

"Thank you Michael that is very sweet."

"Call us mom and dad we are family now. We haven't told Tristan yet but we are going to be staying back in Hartford. We would like to be present for both of you and our grandchild." Michael stated as he looked at Rory.

"I know Tristan will like that. Once we get settled we will invite you over for dinner. I am glad you were able to make it to his graduation. I know it means a lot to Tristan and me."

"We wouldn't have missed this for the world." Diane beamed. 

Just then they started the music and they watched the ceremony. When Tristan was called up he beamed at his wife who was smiling as her mom snapped the picture for her.