Chapter 20: Time to plan a wedding

Tristan's POV:

I have been back at school for a couple of weeks and now Mare is planning the remainder of our wedding with Emily, Francine, and Lorelai. 

She found her perfect dress last week and got the bridesmaid dresses. Everything should be completed next week which gives us a week before the wedding. 

She also has the heiress announcement the week after we get married and we have already been informed that Logan and Odette will be there. This time he will not come near my wife. No one knows that Rory is the heiress.

I tried to get her to at least tell Colin, Finn, and Robert but she said no. No one knows except her family and me.  

Tina, Brittany, and Paige have been following me around campus. I have tried to ignore them but I have had enough. Finally, I stop and turn around.

"Can I help you, ladies? I mean is there a reason you are following me today."

"We wanted to tell you that you don't have to be with that girlfriend of yours. Surely you don't want to be tied down to a family. You are too young for that and too good-looking for her." Paige said. Tina and Brittany just smiled and shook their heads in agreement.

"Well, I am not being forced to be tied down. I love her and I have since we attended high school together. So, I have loved that beautiful woman of mine for over fourteen years. I do want to be tied down with a family with her. She is the only woman I would ever consider a family with. We are the same age and truthfully she is too good for me. Now, I am a happy man and we are getting married in two weeks and two days. So, I would appreciate it if you would stop following me and trying to flirt with me. You are all pretty ladies but Rory is the only one for me. Have a nice day." I walked off with a huge smile on my face. 

I finish my classes and I am ready to get home to my fiancée. Just then I see Logan walking toward me. He has a busted lip and a black eye.

"Can I help you? Damn, stalk people much?"

"I just wanted to say I am sorry for what happened on New Year's Eve at The Plaza. May I please apologize to Rory? I was a drunk, crazy, lovesick, fool I will always love her but I have realized I need to let her live her life. I am married and you are expecting a baby." 

"I don't think she wants to see you. We will be married in two weeks and two days. Yes, you do you need to allow us to live our life without her being afraid she is going to run into you. The best thing you can do is to stay in London. She doesn't want you anywhere around her. She will always love you and a piece of her heart will always belong to you. She is happy, we are happy and I have loved her longer than you. You had your chance and you ruined it now let me have mine and make her truly happy."

"I just don't understand why she said yes to you and not me. I gave her three years of my life and she was the first woman to ever make me want to settle down. I had our future planned, I was going to buy a house in Palo Alto, California which had an avocado tree. I wanted to marry her and have a family with her and she said she needed time. She told me not right now."

"I can't answer that I can tell you what she said to me. When you asked her she had to think about it and when I asked her there wasn't any doubt she knew she wanted to say yes. She didn't have to think about it. Meaning that she loved me and she knew we were right for each other. Look Logan I feel for you I really do. I know how it is to live a life without her. I lived it for fourteen years. You aren't the man she sees for her future I am. Maybe that was the issue you planned your future instead of allowing her to plan it with you. If she would have told me not right now I would have said okay you let me know when you are ready to say yes."

"When I found her I knew I had to try and make a future for us but I also knew I had to wait until she was ready. She told me about your relationship and the Vegas arrangement. I knew everything before I got involved with her. If when I met back up with her and she was in a relationship and happy I would have backed off and been a friend. I would be happy anyway I could have her in my life. Her happiness is what is important to me. If that was you no matter how much it would hurt me I would step back."

"I know you are right Tristan. I messed our relationship up. I cheated on her and made her doubt me. I gave her the ultimatum on her graduation day and I will forever regret that. I can see that she loves you and I can also see that you love her. I can see that you both are happy and no matter how much it hurts I have to step back and let her be happy. I really would love to apologize to her in person or by phone. I would also love to send you a wedding gift. He handed Tristan his card. Please think about what I have asked and you can call or email me." He shook Tristan's hand and walked off. 

Tina, Brittany, and Paige all witnessed the interaction between Logan and Tristan. "Wow, they are both hot and even similar in looks. She definitely has a type." Brittany said.  

Rory's POV:

I have been working on our wedding planning with both of my grandmothers and my mom. We have ordered the invitations, they were sent out last week, we got the flowers picked out, and the dresses the guys are getting their tuxes. Lane has agreed that Hep Alien will play and she will be our DJ as well. Sookie is catering and she agreed to do the Chinese food and our cakes. 

So, all that's left are picking up our dresses and the guy's tuxes. Then we are ready to get married. We decided to do the ceremony at the church in town and the reception at Mom's annex. 

Tristan helped as much as he could until school started back. He is off Mondays and Fridays so we did as much as possible on those days. They are getting fitted for their tuxes tomorrow. I can't believe we only have two weeks and two days until we say I do. We even got both grandmas to agree to no prenup.

We get married and then the following week we have my heiress announcement. Tristan should be home from school soon. I tell everyone bye as I need to get home. 

I get home before Tristan and literally, he walks in right after me. I walk over to meet him as he sits his bags down.

He picks me up and hugs me. "I have missed you, Mare. How was your day?"

"I missed you too Tris and my day was good. All that is left is tuxes and picking our dresses up. I got everything else finished today."

"Well, that is good news baby. I ran into Logan or rather he stalked me and wanted to talk. He wants to apologize to you either by phone or in person. He would prefer to do it in person but I told him I would have to talk to you."

"I really don't want to deal with him. After the party, I don't want to see him."

"I know that baby but maybe if you do this he will finally leave us alone. We had a very long talk I think he is serious. I told him the best thing he could do was stay in London."

"I don't know Tristan but I will think about it. So, now we need to figure out some dinner since your classes are going later."

"Of course my lovely fiancée. I would never let you starve. What would you like for dinner?"

"Thai I am really craving Thai and pizza."

"Okay, Thai and pizza coming up. He grabbed his phone and placed the order."