Chapter 22: One more day

Tristan's POV:

I wake up with my arms around my fiancée and I pull her closer to my body. I won't be able to sleep tonight because she won't be in my arms. I have gotten so used to sleeping beside her and listening to her breathing.

She starts moving around, "good morning Tristan. Is there a reason you have your arms wrapped around me so tightly?"

"I am making sure you don't try and run off. I'm just joking, I'm sorry baby I just woke up and wanted to hold you closer. I am going to miss you tonight I probably won't be able to sleep."

"Oh, baby. No need to worry I am not going anywhere. Now, I want you to get plenty of rest because neither one of us will be getting much for the next few days. I plan on spending most of our mini honeymoon in the bedroom."

"Oh, really? Well, I guess we will just have to see about making that happen. I love you, Mare. I really do. After tomorrow we will be married and starting our new life."

"I can't wait Tris and I love you, I am so in love with you. I am ready to spend the rest of our lives together. I have never loved anyone as I love you. I thought I loved Logan but I am not really sure if I ever really did. I know I didn't love him as much as I love you."

Tristan sat up and pulled me up with him. I had my head laid on his chest. I turned my head around to face him. "Mare, Rory I have always loved you so I can't understand what you did or didn't have with Logan. I know what I feel and I feel like I was living my life by a daily routine. I had no reason to really live and enjoy life."

"Then, I reconnected with you and since that day my life has had a reason. I have a reason to wake up every morning. Rory, you are that reason. Previously I wasn't really living life and now my daily schedule changes. I go to classes that is the only thing that is routine. Sometimes we cook, sometimes we eat out. Somedays we take a shower when I get home others we may watch tv. You and my classes are the only things that are consistent. I like that and I love you. You are the only woman I have ever truly loved and when we attended Chilton the only thing I knew was that I liked you more than any other girl ever."      

He looks down and back up, "I realized after I was sent off and I felt like I couldn't breathe anymore. I saw your face and it was the only thing that made breathing easier that is when I knew that I didn't just like you, I had fallen in love with you. What hurt, even more, was here I was sent to Virginia and in Military school and I thought I would never see you again."

"Tristan, baby you are the man I am in love with you. I knew that the moment you asked me to marry you. Like I said I never even had a single doubt. My answer was yes from the moment I saw you drop to your knees."

"I am so sorry you went through that baby. Just know I am in love with you and only you. I know I loved Logan but he wasn't the right man for me you are. We are getting married in thirty-one hours and I can't wait to become Mrs. Dugray and spend the rest of my life showing you just how much I love you."

He kissed her and she laid back on the bed. He followed her and they made love for a couple of hours. They lay there completely wrapped up in each other until Rory's alarm went off.

"That means it is time to take a shower because we have to get ready for our rehearsal dinner." She got up and went to the shower. Tristan walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. He was holding her baby bump.

"This baby is made from our love and I promise to show both of you every day how much I love you and any more children we have."

They took a shower, dried off, and dressed. Just as someone knocked on the door. Tristan walked over to the door and opened it.