Chapter 55: Trouble in paradise

Two weeks later:

Tristan had noticed how Rory had become distant and hardly deals with the babies. She has barely talked to him and hasn't allowed him to even cuddle up with her at night as they have their entire marriage. 

She has even distanced herself from Robert, Logan, Colin, and Finn. When she does come out of their bedroom she barely talks or looks at anyone. 

Tristan has called the guys together to discuss the issue. Once everyone arrives Tristan stands up.

"Okay, guys I called this meeting for an intervention. Rory is dealing with some issues over the last couple of weeks."

"What kind of issues, Mate?"

"Well, I think she or we are dealing with postpartum depression. It normally occurs after the delivery of a newborn. When she delivered the twins her body is now consumed with extra hormones."

"Therefore her body is trying to get rid of the extra hormones and until it does she will be isolated and feel alone."

"I was wondering if she was just dealing with the news of twins and freaking out internally because of that. What can we do to help her?" Logan asked.

"Well, there is a prescription I can write for her and we can take care of the kids to ease her trouble. If we don't get this fixed sometimes mothers may think ending her life and even the baby's life is what is best."

"Suicide. Are you serious? We have to get our Rory back. We are here for whatever you need. We will keep an eye on the kids and her to ensure she is safe," Colin stated.

"Yep, we are here for whatever either of you needs or the kids need. Just tell us what to do and we will do it," Robert said.

"I am going to get her prescription filled right now and ask Rory to come down and talk to us. We all need to talk to her and tell her how important she is. How much she means to each of us and how we all want her back."

Tristan headed off to his office and he called in a prescription for her to be delivered. He walked upstairs and opened their door.

He looked at his wife sitting on the bed with her arms wrapped around her knees. He easily walked over to the bed and sat down beside her.

"Rory, the guys and I would like to speak to you for a few moments downstairs, please."

She dried her eyes and unwrapped her arms. She eased up off the bed. She walked to the door and they stepped outside. She walked downstairs and sat on the couch next to Finn with space for her and Tristan.

"Rory, I have noticed that in the last couple of weeks, you are dealing with something. We have noticed that you have been distant and not yourself. Baby, you know what I went to school for and I know what is wrong with you."

"I don't know why I feel like I do. I just feel sad and I know I should be happy but I'm not. Why do I feel like this?"

"You are dealing with something that some women get after they deliver their baby. It's called postpartum depression. There is a prescription you can take to help with all the hormone changes that are going on inside of you right now. You will need to pump for the next two days and I would prefer you to start the meds on Monday."

"Rory, you are so important to each of us. You took care of us at Yale. That is why we nicknamed you mother. We want our reporter girl back. The responsible, silly girl that loves to laugh and have fun. Chills out on the couch with massive amounts of junk food and watching movies with us." Colin said.

"Yes, Rory. we need our girl back. I need to see your smile and hear you laugh. We just want you back to normal." Robert said.

"Besides you have one little boy and two newborns who need their mother. Not to mention a very worried husband who wants his wife back." Finn said.

Tristan looked hopeful at his wife. "I really am worried about you. I need my Mary back. I am sorry that it took me so long to realize what was happening to you. I love you and this is the beginning of our family. We have had all the kids we are going to have. This is the time we need to spend together and enjoy the time with our kids."

Rory laid her head on Tristan's shoulder and held his hand. This was the first time she had even allowed Tristan to touch her for weeks. They haven't hugged or kissed. Tristan smiled at the guys. 

"Okay, so for the next few days, you need to pump as often as possible so we can stock up on a couple of weeks' worth of formula. I am also going to buy a case of formula just to ensure we have enough. Once you are better and back to normal you will need to pump and dump for twenty-four to forty-eight hours prior to nursing the twins."

"Now, Rory we are going to sit down here and watch a movie. You also need to visit the babies which you have barely even seen except to feed them."

"Okay, please bring the twins here. I want the medicine to work because I am tired of feeling nothing toward my babies when I look at them. I also want to see Michael."

"Alright, baby we will make sure we get them down here. I am also going to be doing sessions with you in the office for an hour each day. I know it may be hard because we are married and if you prefer I will call one of my friends and get him to come and do the session with you."

"No, I can't talk to a stranger about how I feel and what is going on. I want you to be the one I talk to. I know you will understand me and not judge me."

Two weeks later:

Rory wakes up in her husband's arms. She is feeling more like herself and doing much better. She has had her sessions with Tristan and luckily she pretended it wasn't her husband she was speaking to but a stranger. 

She has been hanging out in the living room since the first week she started the medicine. She has been feeding the babies and Michael is happy that his mom spends time every morning and evening watching cartoons with him. 

The house is so much happier than it has been since the first two weeks after they came home with the twins the issues started after Lorelai left. She is actually goofing around with the guys, spending time with their kids, and even getting closer to her husband. 

They both have appointments in two days for her tubal and his vasectomy to ensure they don't have any more children. They decided that the twins were their last once they were born and they had a girl.  

So they decided the evening they were born that they would not risk Rory's health to bear any more children. She is happy about their decision so now they have three children and they can focus on their family. They still visit Makayla's grave once a week but they haven't been since the twins were born.

Today they were going today to place flowers on her grave and have a picnic lunch with all the kids at the park. Once she has this surgery she will be sore for a few days and by the time the twins are six weeks old both of them should be recovered to make love. 

They loaded the kids up, the blankets, and food baskets. They left the house and drove to the graveyard. They laid the flowers on the grave and sat there for a little bit and then they loaded back into the car and left.

They arrived at the park and Tristan placed the blankets down. Rory carried Em and Brayden while Tristan unbuckled Michael and carried the picnic baskets to the blankets.

They enjoyed their picnic and watched Michael run around and play. They each held a baby and enjoyed the weather cuddled up to each other as they watched Michael having fun.