Chapter 5: A night out on the Town

They sat at Tristan's and watched a few movies. They watched A Cinderella Story and Post Grad. Tristan took a shower and changed into some black jeans and a white shirt. That left nothing to the imagination with his abs. 

They went to the Pub and sat in a booth in the back. They had a live band playing. They were a Rolling Stones Tribute band. 

They ordered a bunch of appetizers and split them. Rory was in heaven. So much food of every variety. 

Tristan was amazed he had never seen a girl who could put so much food away. Most of the girls from society only ate healthy food. 

Rory noticed him staring at her and realized he has never seen her eat. "What? Never seen a girl who actually eats?"

"Can't say I have. Especially a society girl. Where do you put it all?"

"I can eat with the best of them. I have been told the scientists want to do a study on me and my mom. We both eat like this. I wasn't raised in Society and mom gets mad because I can fit into Society when she worked so hard to keep me away from it." She said as she took a bite. 

"She gets mad because you can fit into society. What did she think would happen when she enrolled you at Chilton? I can only imagine what scientists would discover." He laughed. 

"So other than being able to eat a crazy amount of food and still look good. What else does Mary enjoy? I know you love to read."

"Well, I live off coffee I swear my blood is over half coffee. I got my degree in Journalism. I love to eat. I love to read still a bookworm. I love to watch movies. I will have to introduce you to a Gilmore Movie night."

"What exactly is that?"

"We eat an insane amount of junk food with Chinese and pizza. Then we pick a theme for movies and watch three or four movies."

"Sounds fun. I can't wait to have a Gilmore movie night with you. I will always make sure we have plenty of coffee. I kind of remember the coffee addiction from school." 

They talked and ate all the food. They enjoyed the band. They had several drinks and had a really nice time. 

It was really late and Tristan knew he had a class tomorrow. He saw she was really enjoying herself and he hated to have to end it. He saw her yawn out of the corner of his eye.

"Are you getting tired Mare? It is getting late and I have a class at ten tomorrow morning."

"Yes, I actually am I haven't been sleeping well. Are you ready to go?"

"Yes,  I am. I can take you back to Paris' or you are welcome to stay at my house for the night both guestrooms have beds. Which would you prefer?"

"I think I would rather stay at your house. Paris is already asleep and I hate going in late because her kids will be up early."

"Okay, I can't imagine Paris as a mom. That is trippy and did she get married? Man, I feel bad for her kids," He laughed.

"Yes, she married her college boyfriend Doyle and now they are separated and working on a divorce he is in LA trying to be a screenwriter. Who knows they are off and on again more than me and Logan were."

"Oh, wow I bet she is even more high-strung than normal. I can only imagine her pacing around and yelling at everything and everyone."

"Yes, she is. It is not easy to be around her but she is my best friend and has really been there for me."

"I am really surprised by these turns of events she hated you in school."

"I know but after I beat her out and was the Valedictorian she started at Yale things changed. Well mostly. She did kick me out once because she got ousted as the editor of the Yale Daily News and they voted me as the new editor. She threw all my stuff in the hallway. That is the reason I moved in with Logan."

We made our way back to his Loft as we talked. I really enjoyed the new Tristan. Except when he still called me Mary.

When we made it back to his loft he showed me to the guest room that would be my room because it had its own bathroom and was pretty big in size. He had a bookshelf that was almost empty. 

"This will be your room it is the biggest room and has an ensuite bathroom. I will empty that bookshelf so you can put your books there. I also will remove any furniture you want so you can use your own. I have an office down the hall and that will be a good place for you to write your book. I can show you the office now if you would like to see it."

"Yes, please. I can't believe you are being so kind to me. I was mean and rude to you in school. I am really sorry Tristan. I thought I was just another conquest for you."

"Mary, you are the only girl who didn't fall at my feet. I was always teasing you so your being rude was my fault. I knew there was something different about you the first time I met you. I had these feelings I have never felt before. I still have never felt that way. I am glad that you didn't fall for me in school. I was a crazy fool then. I am an adult now."

"Right now I am just being a friend to try and help you get back to the old you. I remember the drive you always had and the spark in your eyes, They are both gone and I am going to help you get them back."

"So, you don't have those feelings for me anymore? I appreciate it I really need a friend and I can remember you always like to push me. I need that now more than ever."

"I never said that. I said right now I am going to help you get yourself back. Right now I am going to be a friend."

"I have some sweats and a t-shirt you can sleep in. Let me go grab them for you I will be back in a minute."

"Thanks, Tris. I really needed someone like you." She sat down and had these weird feelings toward Tristan she had never realized how good-looking and sexy he was. She shook her head not right now. I need him as a friend I can't ruin this. She chastised herself and her thoughts. 

She was lost in thought when Tristan walked back into her room. He stood there just gazing at her thinking how she was even more beautiful now than when we were at Chilton. She has definitely matured into a beautifully stunning woman. The bad thing is she doesn't even realize how truly beautiful she is.

He cleared his throat. "Here are the clothes I promised they shouldn't be too big. I have classes starting at ten in the morning and should be home around four tomorrow evening. You are welcome to stay. When do you plan on going back to Stars Hollow to pack your stuff?"

"I was thinking I would go back tomorrow. That gives me two days to get everything packed and ready to be moved on Saturday. I have to talk to my mom. She is going to be upset that I am moving here, especially moving in with Bible boy." She laughed. 

"Your mom was in on that nickname?"

"Yes, Bible Boy or spawn of satan. Those are your nicknames." She busted out laughing at the look on Tristan's face. 

"That's great that your mom knows how bad I was in school. Please tell me you will tell her that I have matured and changed and I am no longer the boy I was in school."

"I will tell her I promise. I mean she doesn't really like many of my friends except Lane and she really only tolerated Paris. She won't like you because she will think you are taking me away from her."

"I hope in time that will change and she will see that I helped you. I am going to bed. Sleep well, Mary. Good night." He walked over and gave her a hug. Then he closed her door and went to his own room.    

"Good night Tristan. Thanks again for letting me stay." She watched him as he closed her door. She changed into the clothes he handed her and laid down in bed. His clothes smelled just like him.