Chapter 37: Vistors welcome

They sat in their new suite and just admired their son. Tristan couldn't get over the love that had grown for his wife after the birth of their son. He watched her and thought she is the most beautiful woman in the world at least to me. 

"Are you ready for visitors yet? I know they are all anxious to meet Michael."

"Yeah, I guess our little bubble can't last forever. We have to let our friends and family in but I am just enjoying the time with our son and my husband."

"Me too baby but they are our families and we have to eventually share our precious baby boy with others at least for a little bit. Once we go home it will just be us I will tell everyone that we won't have any visitors for the first two weeks. We want to bond with our family alone."

"That sounds wonderful two full weeks of no one but us and our beautiful creation. I am still amazed that we created him from our love and passion."

"I agree Rory. Right now I am still amazed that you carried him and brought him into this world and I didn't know I could love you more than I already do but after watching you give birth to my son my love for you grew." He leaned in and kissed her.

"I am going to go get our parents and your grandmothers so they can meet him. I will be right back. I love you Mrs. Dugray."

Rory smiled at her husband she loved hearing him call her Mrs. Dugray, she got butterflies every time he called her that.

Tristan walked out to the waiting room. He stood there looking at their family and friends and thought he was very lucky. 

"Alright, grandparents, Emily, and Francine let's go meet your grandson. There is a sink everyone has to wash their hands before they hold the baby."

When they walked in Lorelai ran to the sink and washed her hands. She walked over to Rory. "He is absolutely perfect Rory and Tristan you did a good job. May I hold him?"

"Sure mom, thanks we agree. So you are a grandma now. What do you want him to call you?"

"Maybe nana. Yep, I like nana it sounds cooler than grandma. Hi Michael, I am your nana Lorelai it is so good to finally meet you, you are such a handsome little man. I can't believe our baby has a baby." As she looked over at Chris.

Lorelai looked at Diane, "would you like to hold your grandson Diane?"

"Yes, please. He is perfect. You look a lot like your daddy when he was born. Yes, you are just perfect. I am your nana D." She smiled at him and tears were in her eyes. "Michael, would you like to meet your grandson?"  

He shook his head and she laid the baby in his arms. "Hi Michael, I am your papaw, Michael. You are just perfect. Your mama and daddy created a perfect little baby."

Tristan stood back smiling as his parents held his son. He could see they were both very emotional. He sat beside Rory and held her hand. 

Michael turned around to Chris, "Chris come meet your grandson." Chris easily took him from Michael and he smiled. "You did good kiddo, he is a perfect mix of both of you." He smiled as he held his grandson with tears in his eyes. 

"Emily and Francine meet your great-grandson. Which one wants to hold him first?" He asked.

"Let Emily hold him first," Francine responded. She smiled as Emily's face lit up as she held the baby. 

"Hello there Michael Richard you are just the cutest baby ever. Your grandfather Richard would have been so proud of you. your mom, and your dad."

Rory looked away as Emily mentioned her grandfather's name. She felt so sad that he was missing this. He should have been here to welcome her son.