Chapter 40: Growing up

3 months later: March 2018

Rory's POV:

So, we are getting close to Michael's first birthday and Tristan and I have been planning his party with both my grandmas, and Tristan's parents are helping us plan. 

Sookie is going to cater the food and make the cake. We are having a huge backyard party. He is too little for a bounce house so we ordered a ball pit for infants. Altho none of my friends have kids except Paris.

Louise and Madeline are talking to Paris and will also be coming to Michael's party with their sons who are around Michael's age. Madeline ended up marrying some Wallstreet broker named Rick and Louise married a rich Trustfund kid named Steve.

Tristan isn't very happy that they were invited but I tried explaining that otherwise there would only be adults and Paris' kids. I think he is afraid they will try and cause us problems. Paris said they were very surprised when she told them that Tristan and I were married. 

Michael is nine months old now and he is standing up and almost ready to take his first steps. We keep our phones ready for his first steps so we can record them. He is growing up so fast. He looks more and more like Tristan every day he is going to be a heartbreaker when he grows up. 

Tristan's POV:

I walk into the kitchen and see Rory feeding our son. She is such a great mother and wife. I really admire her as a person. She finally finished her book and has it sent out to four different publishing companies. 

She is feeding Michael and playing with him. He is having fun and keeps laughing at his mommy. He is growing up so fast that some days it seems like it's too fast. I can't believe we are planning his first birthday. He is almost ready to walk.

 We are so excited for him to hit this milestone. He crawls and scoots all over the house. Most days Rory and I are blocking areas off so he can only go so far. He learned to crawl up the stairs and we put a baby gate up.  

I thought we were both going to have a heart attack when Rory walked into the kitchen for his juice and came back and he was sitting on the staircase. She screamed and ran up the steps and that day we had all our staircases covered with gates. 

She is very protective of Michael he has never gotten hurt. Once he started to fall off the couch and she grabbed him half fall and acted as if nothing happened.  

She looks over and sees Tristan standing there. She smiles, "good morning baby. Did you sleep well?"

"Good morning baby and yes I did. I slept really well last night. How did you sleep beautiful?" He walked over and kissed her. Then made his way to the coffeepot. 

"I slept well also. So, what are our plans for the day babe?"

"I was thinking we could go for a walk in the park maybe let Michael play at the playground. Just enjoy a nice spring day outside. How does that sound? Then go for lunch after we leave the park."

"That sounds good. Can we go to Chinese?"

"Sure and Michael loves the rice and chicken there. I love you, Rory. I love that we get to watch our son grow up every day and spend so much time with him. We are lucky as a family to have the freedom to do that."

"Yes, we are lucky we get to enjoy time with you. Michael is a lucky baby to get time with his mom and dad." 

"Any news from any of the publishing companies?"

"Not as of yet. Which is good because we have so much going on in the next few months with planning his party and waiting for him to finally walk. Have you decided on when you plan on purchasing an office to start back to work?"