15.

A M A R A

ONE WEEK LATER

I was finally getting discharged from this hospital. Lucian had been acting different. I couldn't put my finger on it, but there was something weird going on with his moods.

I put on one of the casual outfits Sandra picked out for me and walked out to meet Lucian.

He was screaming at someone on the phone when I saw him

"Well what's the language then? We need to decipher this bullshit." He was pacing in the hallway.

There was some mumbling over the line and Lucian spoke again, "Arabic? Why the fuck would they send us a language we wouldn't understand?" He turned his head and spotted me, "I need to go. We'll talk later."

Little fact about me, I'm half Arabic and half Italian. My mother was Arabic, and I carried most of her traits. It was ironic and seemed a little weird that whatever they were talking about related to that.

"I speak Arabic," I admitted.

He raised his eyebrows, "Perfect."

He lead me to the elevator. "Did you hit your head?" I asked him.

He smirked and his eyes lit up, "Why would you think that?"

"You're being oddly nice."

"Do you like it when I'm mean?" His smirk widened.

"I like it when you're quiet." I smiled back at him.

Suddenly, I was pinned against the wall of the elevator. "Do you now?" He looked intrigued. "Wanna know what my favorite way to shut someone up is?"

I furrowed my brows, "What would that be?"

He leaned in closer, just barely an inch away from my lips, "It goes a little like this."

In an instant his lips crashed into mine and his hands tangled in my hair. I was hesitant at first, but eventually ran my hands over his chest and kissed him back.

He moved his hands onto both sides of my face. I knew I needed to stop this. He was probably going to say he regretted kissing me, again.

"Lucian," I sighed exasperated.

"Tell me to stop," he pleaded.

We were both out of breath and if I was being honest, I really didn't want him to stop.

"We shouldn't," I admitted

"I know," he agreed in between breaths.

We both backed away. I was waiting for his cold side to come back out. "Well, aren't you going to say it?"