Conclusion

A M A R A

Lucian came up the stairs, his hand gripping his abdomen.

"Lucian? What the hell?" I shouted, rushing to his side.

"It's fine. It's just a surface wound. She killed herself, but not before trying to kill me. Well, you," he stated, untucking his shirt from his

"What do you mean?"

"She told me before she bled out that she'd hoped it was you," he went on.

I frowned. "I really thought she at least would've been able to take responsibility for what she did."

He pulled his shirt up and put a wet wash cloth to the wound. My eyes went to his v-line for a split second before remembering that he had just gotten stabbed. "Are you sure you'll be okay?"

"Amara, love. This is nothing," he reassured.

I rolled my eyes and plopped down on the couch. "I want to see Reid today."

"Of course," he responded.

"Are you free? I know you wanted to start working again," I continued.

"I'm always free for you," he flirted.

"You're like a middle schooler," I stated.

He crossed his arms over his chest. "Amara, let's be honest with ourselves. If anyone here is immature, it's you."

I scoffed. "Rude."

"Honest," he countered. I smirked and turned on my side away from him. "You're seriously ignoring me?"

I huffed out a fake sign and hummed a random tune, fake shutting him out.

"Amara, I was kidding," he groaned. I could hear his footsteps near her. I stifled a laugh as his body appeared in front of me. "You're so full of shit."

I turned around, ignoring him again, and he picked her up bridal style. I laughed as he pulled me closer and kissed my forehead. "We'll go in and see him. Together."

ONE MONTH LATER

Reid had left the hospital, and he was extremely happy and healthy. Lucian and I were trying to take things slow, but he'd been acting normal. Good. Like a boyfriend. Not a mafia boss

Both Reid and I still had to make regular visits to the clinic, but both of us were looking good. It was only a matter of time before everything was normal again.

After taking care of mother and father duties, Lucian and I trained. Though I had once learned self defense before, I seemed to forget how to actually defend myself. I didn't know why, but we were working on it.

Rachel's family was informed of her suicide, and they didn't seem too upset about it. Amara felt bad for her. She clearly didn't understand what love was like.

Their parents had become best friends in a very small span of time, and Lucian and Amara couldn't have been happier.

It finally felt like their lives were coming together, and Amara was finally ready to be truly happy.