7.

A M A R A

TRIGGER WARNING - MENTIONS OF EATING DISORDERS

"Holy shit," I gasped as I ran my fingertips over the marble countertops. "This place is amazing.."

After looking around for quite some time, I decided it would be a good idea to get my stuff out of my car.

I walked outside and asked the guard if he knew of anyone who could help me. He said that there was a maid and she would be able to. Her name was Sandra.

I went back inside and looked around for Mr. Moretti's maid. After searching for a while, I finally found the laundry room, where she was folding some white sheets.

"Hi, My name is Amara. Mr. Moretti might have told you about me?" I asked, scaring her on accident.

She jumped when I spoke. I could tell she wasn't expecting a visitor. "Yes dear he did. I'm sorry you startled me. I wasn't expecting you so soon."

We shared a laugh and she followed me out to my car. We carried all the boxes in and up to my new room. "He is asleep right now. I would be as quiet as possible. I haven't seen him sleep for days," she instructed.

"Sure. I'm sure he needs it," I said in understanding.

"Would you like any help unpacking?" She asked. I could tell she was tired and probably did not get much sleep of her own.

"No, that's ok. I'm just going to head to bed for now. And I wouldn't want to have you do anymore work," I assured her.

"Nonsense! That's my job. But I'll let you rest," she said as she closed the door to my room lightly.

I sighed and jumped onto the bed I would now be sleeping in until he let me out of here.

The next morning I had an excruciating headache. It was Sunday, and on Sunday's I was allowed to work from home. I got out of bed and started a shower. After throwing on a casual outfit, I headed downstairs for breakfast and some ibuprofen.

As I made my way to the first floor, my nostrils were filled with the most heavenly scent of honey and chocolate. Except, I felt like I was going to throw up. The smell of chocolate in particular did not do well with my stomach or my head.

I walked into the glorious kitchen and sat down on an island stool. "Hi Sandra," I greeted.

"Amara, dear. How did you sleep?" She asked politely.

"Amazing. The bed was great. But I was wondering if you had any painkillers? Ibuprofen maybe?"

She nodded and went to a cabinet to grab me some.

"What are you making?" I asked, curiously.

"Espresso waffles. You came down just in time." She grabbed a glass out of another cabinet and filled it with water. "Here you go dear," she said as she offered me the cup.

"Thank you." I grabbed the water and pills from her and swallowed them down.

"Would you like some food? There's plenty here," she offered

I squirmed. Eating in general was a touchy subject for me. "I'll have some of the fruit here. I'm not that hungry," I lied. My stomach was growling all night, but I wouldn't tell anyone that.

"That's ok. I'm sure Lucian will eat most of it."

I smiled at her and made a bowl of fruit. On my way back upstairs I formed a sour face. It was just fruit, and I had to remind myself that fruit wouldn't be the death of me.