6.

A M A R A

I couldn't believe he was making me move in with him. What was his problem? He had to know that I wasn't a snitch, especially after the life I came from.

My thoughts were interrupted by the ringing of a phone.

"This is Amara," I mumbled.

"I'm on my way to your apartment. We're picking up your things. We need to move you in as fast as possible," he complained, annoyed. I didn't know why he would be, after all, this was his decision.

This was going to be awkward. "Most of my things aren't even there. You'll have to go to a different address."

"Well I'm at your apartment now. 3B?" He asked.

Wait a minute. That was my old address. Shit. I never updated it. "Oh my god whatever you do, do not knock on that door."

"Why? Are you selling drugs on the side? That would explain why this place is so nice," he joked sarcastically.

"What? No. Just wait for me to get there before you do anything."

"Too late," he said as he hung up on me. You've got to be kidding me.

I sprinted out of Sebastian's apartment in my gross, stained pajamas without even saying goodbye.

I got in my car and drove as fast as I could

I got in my car and drove as fast as I could. Jake was going to be mad.

Now that I thought about it, I wasn't really worried about Jake. I was scared about what Lucian would think of me. Would Jake tell him something? I really hoped not.

When I got up to his apartment, I quickly fumbled with my keys to unlock the door. I was greeted with a shit ton of boxes blocking most of the way through. I pushed through them and entered the house.

Jake was standing in the kitchen with his mouth wide open watching Lucian's men clear my boxes out. His fingers were interlocked and were held on top of his head. He looked distressed.

"Amara what the fuck is going on?" He yelled slightly.

"I'm sorry.. my boss.. long story." I looked around. No sign of him. "Where is he at? I need to speak to him." I gritted my teeth.

"Bedroom," he replied neutrally.

I nodded and turned to find him. Jake grabbed my wrist. "Can we talk? Maybe get coffee?"

"I don't know Jake. Just let me deal with this right now," I said, exasperated. He dropped my hand and nodded.

I walked through the hallway and stepped into the master, "I don't mean to be rude, but what the fuck were you thinking?" I paced around the room, "My ex-boyfriend is asking questions, I told you not to come in here, why did you come in here?!"