27.

L U C I A N

I woke up in my bed with Amara sitting in a chair across the room from me. I sat up and rushed over to her.

I bent down and looked at her, then back at our baby. I was going to be a father. "This is why you went into that store? To get a test?"

"Yes. It was just before I found out about the... incident." She looked like she didn't know how to approach it.

"We need to take you to the doctors. Like right now," I stated as I grabbed her hand and helped her up.

We walked downstairs together. Both mine and Amara's families were sitting together in the living room.

"We're going to the doctors for an ultrasound," she said confidently.

My mother and father looked at each other confused. "You're pregnant?!" They said in sync.

Amara nodded at them and mom came rushing over to her. "Oh my God, I'm going to be a grandma!! Finally!" She turned to face me. "If you ever hurt her Lucian, I swear I will murder you in cold blood with no remorse," she said completely serious.

Amara was smirking. "It's ok. I'm sure he's learned his lesson," she assured my mom before we left.

I decided that I could drive. She got in the car and leaned her head back, closing her eyes.

"I bet it's a boy," I said smirking.

She opened her left eye. "What makes you think that?"

"Well, you have four brothers and my genes will never produce a girl," I looked at her smiling face. God, how I missed that smile.

"I hope it's a girl so that I can prove you wrong," she said as she closed her eyes again.

"When we get home, you can sleep in my room." I turned my attention back to the road.

"Fine by me," she said sighing. "I need literally a whole new closet though."

"I'll take care of it," I said as I pulled up the the hospital. "We're here."

She nodded and unbuckled her seatbelt. I walked her into the building and informed the nurse at the front desk that we were to get in immediately. She nodded scared and ran to get a doctor.

"I don't think you're that scary," she said looking at me with her blue eyes.

Before I had the chance to say a come back, the nurse came and instructed us to follow her to a room.

I took Amara's hand and we walked into the room. The doctor was waiting patiently inside. She said her name was Dr. Adams and I couldn't help but feel like I had heard it somewhere before.

"Amara! My husband told me about you. Car crash a while ago?"

Amara smiled at her and nodded, "he was very nice."

"Oh, I hope so, or he'd have to hear from me."

She laughed at her.

"I'm glad to see you guys are still together. Having a baby as well! Very exciting news," she said as she lifted Amara's shirt. "This will be a little cold," she said as she placed the ultrasound gel and scanner on Amara's lower abdomen.

I almost forgot that we were married the last time Amara was a patient here. Amara was focused on the screen to the left of her. I watched as Dr. Adams' smile grew wider.

"Well, it looks like you two will be expecting double!"

"Double? What do you mean?" I questioned.

Amara looked shocked. "We're having twins?" She asked with a smile on her face.