4.

A M A R A

Flashback

TRIGGER WARNING - CONTAINS GRAPHIC MENTIONS OF DOMESTIC ABUSE

"Angelo what are you doing?" He backed me into the wall. I started having a panic attack. "It's me, Amara." My breathing was ragged. "Put the gun down," I pleaded.

"Why would I do that? Your family embarrassed mine. Winning every fight. You're all cheaters," he accused.

"B-but we don't. I'm your girlfriend Angelo think this through. You train with us."

He shook his head with an evil look in his eyes. The slide of his handgun took a hit at my face. I started bleeding. "Angelo stop. My family will kill you when they find out about this."

"Your family is gone. It's just you and me babe," he confessed.

"What are you talking about?"

"We killed them."

My eyes widened. "W-what?"

"You heard me. They're all dead. It's just you and me now Amara," he sneered, a smirk forming on his face.

My eyes welled with tears, but my body was filled with rage. I took this opportunity to gain control over the situation.

While tackling Angelo to the ground, I was able to get ahold of his gun. He fired spontaneously, hoping to hit me, but in the process, he shot himself.

"Oh my god." I knew in this moment I needed to run.

"Amara, I will find you. You'll never be safe. Not even with me dead," he choked.

I ran out without a second thought.