3.

A M A R A

Groggily, I woke up and aggressively shut off my alarm. It had just turned twelve in the afternoon and I needed to start looking for jobs-despite my antagonizing headache.

I got out of bed and headed to the bathroom for a shower. I was sure Sebastian could smell me from his room.

After showering, I put on one of my interview outfits. Hopefully there would still be some going on today, and hopefully they would take me without scheduling one prior.

"Well don't you just look delicious," Seb jokingly flirted

I smirked. "Thanks Seb. Are you ready to go?"

"Do you want anything to eat? I'm sure you're hungry."

My stomach churned. "Ah- I'm ok. I'll pick something up along Mag."

He nodded and we left. I dropped him off at work and drove farther downtown to the business district.

After about ten minutes, I finally managed to find a parking spot. One of the downsides of living in the Windy City was the traffic.

I walked down the street completely oblivious to where I was going and what I was looking for.

While in college I minored in economics, and then majored in information technology. I was a pretty smart lady, but it seemed everyone already had enough of those on their staffs.

I went to company after company, my application rejected each time. I was going to give up, until I came across one last building.

It was at the end of the street. The complex demanded attention, and it was probably the largest one here. It was made completely of gold, and the windows were black, adding a modern touch. I looked up and guessed that it had to have been over 200 stories tall. At the top, there were large letters that read, 'Moretti Enterprises.'

The name seemed familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on where I had heard it from.

I walked inside, praying for some kind of miracle, but the receptionist didn't look too happy to see me.

She was blonde, and I could tell her botox was starting to fade. Before speaking, she scoffed at me and eyed me up and down. "Can I help you?"

"Yes, I was wondering if you had any open positions or interviews available?" I was trying to remain as professional as I could. I really needed a job.

She smacked her gum and her fake nails clicked on the keys of her keyboard. "Unfortunately, we don't have any openings," she started while gave me a fake smile, "maybe next time."