9.

A M A R A

I leaned my head against the shower tile. I understood that part of the reason I ended up soaking wet tonight when I got home was because I was too stubborn to ask for a ride, but for him to leave me alone? That's fucking low.

Sighing, I stepped out of the shower before I would start to look like a prune. As I started unwrapping my towel, I realized that I forgot clothes.

After rewrapping my towel, I looked outside the bathroom door to make sure no one was coming. It seemed clear, so I ran on my tiptoes to my room.

I immediately shut the door and sighed when I reached my room, but when I turned around, I was greeted with Mr. Moretti himself.

"What are you doing in here?" I asked sternly.

"I came to talk," he said without keeping focus on my eyes.

I pouted my way over to the boxes on my floor and took a pair of pajamas to my closet. Quickly, I changed and came out to face him. His gaze never left me once.

"Are you done?" I crossed my arms over my chest. "If you want to talk, then talk."

He rubbed his temple. "Look, I was mad at someone and because I was so angry, I forgot to tell you I was leaving."

Bullshit. I saw him glaring at Gabe and I. "So, it had nothing to do with Gabe and I?"

His brows furrowed. "What?"

"I saw the way you glared at us when we spoke. It was pretty hard to miss." I pointed out as I shifted my weight.

"Why the fuck would I care about you and Gabe?" He sighed.

"Your stupid employee relationship rule. Which you don't even follow yourself by the way," I stated matter-of-factly.

He rose from my bed. "That's because I'm the boss."

"If you want people to respect you maybe you should follow your own rules," I said, shrugging.

"Everyone respects me," he said, oblivious.

Ignorant. "Oh please. Mr. Moretti, every person in the world is an actor, some people are just better at it than others."

"What's that supposed to mean?" He huffed out in response.

"It means that your team is easy to read and that when you walked in that room today, some of them stared at you like you did me and Gabe."

He furrowed his brows. It was like he was trying to remember what I would've seen when we walked in this morning.

"Is that all? You came in here to tell me you left because you were mad?" He glared at me, but then his eyes travelled to my body. I realized how skimpy my pajamas were. "Don't do that."

"Do what?" He smirked, acting clueless.

"Look at me like that."

"I didn't think I was looking at you weird. I look at you like that every time I see you," He smiled. His smile was nice. It was the first time I had seen a genuine smile of his, and I liked it.

"Sure." I rolled my eyes.

"Anyways, I came to tell you that tomorrow we're flying to New York. I have some business to take care of, and I need you there with me."

"Tomorrow? I haven't even had time to pack. How long are we staying? When are we leaving? How am I-"

"We leave here at noon tomorrow and we're staying for a week," he interrupted.